Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be boycotting 'Murdoch products' over phone hacking ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just out of interest with several major companies now withdrawing advertising from the NotW has that effectted your choice of Murdoch products ? I dont read/buy the Sun nor a any Sunday national paper so apart from cancelling Sky not much i can do,but what about you ? :wave: There does appear to be a strong head of steam building-up for a backlash against Murdoch etc. Enough is enough.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Can't cancel sky - NFL.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I hardly ever bought the NOTW or the Sun, but I will no longer give them a thought. Am wavering about the Times etc, but have always thought of SKY as a bunch of wankers anyway, so no risk of me getting that. The Screws is a truly terrible newspaper that has ruined countless lives over the years and now, it seems, preys on the dead. :tosser:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
f*** no. The bloke is evil but I like his tv company and some of his papers are good.

There won't be a backlash of any substance, he has too much power. If we were in Russia or China they'd just lock him up and throw away the key, but we're not.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Have not bought the Sun or NOTW since the mid-eighties and dont have sky.

The amount of people with the balls to cancel sky will, unfortunately have no effect on Murdoch

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
purchasers of the papers/sky etc will not cause Murdoch any headaches by boycotting, advertisers cancelling adverts will cause them a bigger problem.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
f*** no. The bloke is evil but I like his tv company and some of his papers are good.

There won't be a backlash of any substance, he has too much power. If we were in Russia or China they'd just lock him up and throw away the key, but we're not.

Probably a good reason to protest Murdoch buying the remaining 65 percent of Sky that he doesn't own.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Virgin Holidays and Lloyds Banking Group have already pulled the plug on their adverts from the NOTW.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
I've always boycotted all things sullied by Murdoch.... Sun, NOTW, Times, Sky.... all very naughty in my book. My pointless crusade will continue with renewed vigour.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Be interesting to see if a major back lash forms, if so then maybe Virgin will come up with a deal for people to switch from Sky, at the moment they are to expensive.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Thats quite a good idea. How do you find out who advertises in the NOTW though?

I see where you're going...

By reading one through non-purchasing means!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do boycott his products but it's more to do with the fact that NOTW is shit, The Sun is shit and Sky is shit as opposed to phone hacking.

Be interesting to see if a major back lash forms, if so then maybe Virgin will come up with a deal for people to switch from Sky, at the moment they are to expensive.

But wouldn't people leaving SKY for Virgin still be contributing to SKY? Correct if I'm wrong but don't Virgin have a lot of SKY channels on their network? Thus paying SKY for the channels, thus still contributing to the Murdoch empire?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I've never given a single penny to that crook's evil organisation and it's very unlikely I ever will.

As much as I'd love Sky Sports I can't afford it for one thing, and I'd feel uncomfortable contributing to News International's coffers.

However I wasn't a fan long before all these revelations came out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here