Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be booing Potter and Chelsea on Saturday?

Will you be booing Potter and/or Chelsea

• Total voters

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We could all sing we don't want to go to Chelsea...........Elvis and Graham have left the building
or

One thief in Fulham,
There's only one thief in Fulham,
One thief in Fulham,
There's only one thief in Fulham.
BRIGHTON! BRIGHTON!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
or

One thief in Fulham,
There's only one thief in Fulham,
One thief in Fulham,
There's only one thief in Fulham.
BRIGHTON! BRIGHTON!
To the tune of "he's got the whole world..."

Chelsea can't do it on their own
I said Chelsea can't do it on their own
I said Chelsea can't do it on their own
Are they Brighton in disguise

We've got the best owner in the world etc
We've got Mr Tony Bloom

We've got (Ally Mac/Caciedo/any other player name) in our team etc
He'll cost you £60 million quid

ad infinitum...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Amid the talk of Potter et al, what of Cucurella? We booing him?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
However, let's not forget that when with us Potter took exception to some very mild booing.

That's because he's a pretentious sook who is very clever at creating and manipulating an image of himself in public.

That day the facade slipped for a bit when his image was challenged.

That I'm smarter than you all part of his persona took over and for a brief moment Gollum appeared.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Amid the talk of Potter et al, what of Cucurella? We booing him?
I think we should cheer Cucurella. Just to confuse the f*** out of them. Literally dogs abuse to everyone else. But a hearty "yay!" when Cucu gets it. If he even plays.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That's because he's a pretentious sook who is very clever at creating and manipulating an image of himself in public.

That day the facade slipped for a bit when his image was challenged.

That I'm smarter than you all part of his persona took over and for a brief moment Gollum appeared.
Potter is a man with a laser-like vision for his life trajectory, and fair play to him, as it has worked thus far, but yes, like almost all people who get to the top, there is a cold, ruthless side to it, and some would say there has to be. As Lennon said, you have to learn to smile as you kill.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Polite applause for all that he did for us. I’m still disgruntled that Chelsea plundered, and continue to plunder our backroom team, but it just goes to show that as a club we’re doing something well. Ive moved on, but it’s taken a bit of time
You do realise that if it wasn't for Potter directing them, Chelsea wouldn't necessarily be asset stripping our club.... so for me, whilst I dont like Chelsea, Potter has become the arch villain even more than the spiteful Poyet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You do realise that if it wasn't for Potter directing them, Chelsea wouldn't be asset stripping our club.... so for me, whilst I dont like Chelsea, for me Potter has become the arch villain even more than the spiteful Poyet.
Asset stripping our club ? He’s taken Bruno - who was our attacking coach and as pointed out the other day - it was Potter that gave him his first coaching job ! And Roberts our GK coach which admittedly is a big loss.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Asset stripping our club ? He’s taken Bruno - who was our attacking coach and as pointed out the other day - it was Potter that gave him his first coaching job ! And Roberts our GK coach which admittedly is a big loss.
Bruno was our attacking coach?? (or have I been whooshed seeing as we're not the most prolific in front of goal?)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bruno was our attacking coach?? (or have I been whooshed seeing as we're not the most prolific in front of goal?)
Yes he was.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
As well as Kyle Macaulay and now they are after Winstanly. Id call that close enough to asset stripping, there wont be much left at the rate they are going.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Problem is, it's almost impossible to target a boo
I love this. Maybe a laser of sufficient strength / visibility can be aimed at the intended recipient to clearly indicate who is being booed. I'll email PB to see if this will be allowed on Saturday, then crowd-fund, and buy a device for each stand... There was much confusion at the end of the game against forest. I'm certain the boos at the end were aimed at the w***** officiating that day but there were some that thought it was frustration at not scoring. This measure will add the clarity needed in future..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As well as Kyle Macaulay and now they are after Winstanly. Id call that close enough to asset stripping, there wont be much left at the rate they are going.
Macaulay arrived with Potter from Swansea. It’s his personal ‘recruitment analyst’ .

And Winstanley is in line for a promotion rather than a lateral move so slightly different circumstances

Jimmy Grimble

I’ve just had visions of Potter’s sarcastic post-match comments when asked about the booing.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Macaulay arrived with Potter from Swansea. It’s his personal ‘recruitment analyst’ .

And Winstanley is in line for a promotion rather than a lateral move so slightly different circumstances
But any club could have come in for Winstanley, funnily enough the only one that is, is Chelsea.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But any club could have come in for Winstanley, funnily enough the only one that is, is Chelsea.
How many PL clubs have vacancies for ‘director of football’ roles at present ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here