Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be booing Potter and Chelsea on Saturday?

Will you be booing Potter and/or Chelsea

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have never been so disappointed in an ex Albion manager, I never thought Poyet would be topped :shrug:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I have never been so disappointed in an ex Albion manager, I never thought Poyet would be topped :shrug:
Really Icy old boy?

I thought you’d been round the block like the rest of us? Disappointed, nowhere near, they come they go, he’s probably doomed anyway unless he wins the EPL or the CL within 3 years. ( Highly unlikely)

What would be really funny if he were to finish 7th out of the big 7 this season? (Unfortunately whether we like it or not The Toon are in that 7 now)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really Icy old boy?

I thought you’d been round the block like the rest of us? Disappointed, nowhere near, they come they go, he’s probably doomed anyway unless he wins the EPL or the CL within 3 years. ( Highly unlikely)

What would be really funny if he were to finish 7th out of the big 7 this season? (Unfortunately whether we like it or not The Toon are in that 7 now)
Yep, afraid so, I was one of his biggest fans on here, you never took to him so won’t understand :smile:

I do not wish failure on him though

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why are people still banging (booing?!) on about this/him?

He's moved on, why can't Albion fans?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Really Icy old boy?

Even funnier if he finished 8th out of the big 7. With a certain De Zerbi managed team in 7th........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why are people still banging (booing?!) on about this/him?

He's moved on, why can't Albion fans?
He didn't "move on" though, did he ? He f***ed off, then came right back and plundered most of our major off-field talent. And he's STILL at it.

I sincerely wish beardo WOULD cuffing move on. But he's still circling over the Amex like a vulture in a Paul Weller coat, scoping out who else he can scavenge from BHA before the carcass runs dry.

As an Albion fan, I'll move on when GP and his loathsome new Frankenstein club leave us the f*** alone.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He didn't "move on" though, did he ? He f***ed off, then came right back and plundered most of our major off-field talent. And he's STILL at it.

I sincerely wish beardo WOULD cuffing move on. But he's still circling over the Amex like a vulture in a Paul Weller coat, scoping out who else he can scavenge from BHA before the carcass runs dry.

As an Albion fan, I'll move on when GP and his loathsome new Frankenstein club leave us the f*** alone.
As long as we continue to be successful - we're not going to be left alone anytime soon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was coming wasn't it. The shame of it really is that Boehly didn't get his shit together in time to make the decision in the summer. Instead even though he probably knew he wanted to change, he left it 6 or 7 games, while we have an absolute storming start to the season.

Boehly is also responsible for the wholesale raiding of Brighton's staff. No manager appointed to a Premier League side has the power to tell the owners who to hire in every position behind the scenes. It just doesn't happen. It's easy for us fans to vilify Potter for this, but no way a club builds an entire structure around a man they may sack within 6 months. It just stinks of a very American way of doing things 'that's working - I want all of that'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yes, he has literally, mentally and physically moved on. Once again, he didn't plunder anything – they CHOSE to go. He obviously valued them enough to want to take them with him to give him the best opportunity at succeeding at a higher level.

But, sure, if holding a massive grudge does it for you, then knock yourself out. Personally I couldn't care less about him or anyone else who moves on. It's part of football that is only going to happen more often the more successful the club – and its players – become :shrug:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yep, still booing Chelsea this Saturday, as I always have done, and always will.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was coming wasn't it. The shame of it really is that Boehly didn't get his shit together in time to make the decision in the summer. Instead even though he probably knew he wanted to change, he left it 6 or 7 games, while we have an absolute storming start to the season.

Boehly is also responsible for the wholesale raiding of Brighton's staff. No manager appointed to a Premier League side has the power to tell the owners who to hire in every position behind the scenes. It just doesn't happen. It's easy for us fans to vilify Potter for this, but no way a club builds an entire structure around a man they may sack within 6 months. It just stinks of a very American way of doing things 'that's working - I want all of that'.
NSC is NO place for that kind of considered, rational thought process, I'm afraid. It is ALL down to Graham Potter – he FORCED everyone out and is an evil man with a destructive and vindictive masterplan to destroy Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club one staff member at a time.

Get it right, Bold...!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

This has been my point the whole way through this sordid affair and make no bones about it that’s exactly what it’s been.

Boehly, I’ve heard, made a tentative approach to buy us which was naturally rebuffed by Bloom. It was a single phone call knocked back from what I know. I’m not going to get into the whys and where’s of that but here’s the thing or things -

Boehly didn’t wake up the morning after our demolition of Leicester and think “that’s my guy!”. He’d studied us, Potter, our structure, our ability to punch above our weight with less financial outlay and thought right, this team mirror partly my approach with my other franchises - see LA Dodgers for those willing to be interested enough - and if I can’t buy into it [he’d also sniffed around Villa when they were sold and I’m told Spurs but Lewis said no] then I’m going to replicate it.

Here’s the rub for me - John Terry’s thinly veiled tweet on August 23rd stating “Graham Potter, ticks all the boxes for me. What a manager” innocuous at the time but prescient in the extreme with the cold light of day. He knew because Boehly, or those close to him, had laid bare their plans and let’s face it JT has never been the sharpest tool in the box…

Those saying GP had a hand in the moves of the staff are of course correct and I cannot see that there wasn’t extensive behind the scenes contact between his reps and Chelsea signalling out their options and plans. I’ll leave it at that on this point for obvious reasons…

More generally I’ve seen elsewhere comments to the effect that the timing of the behind closed doors friendly, the arrival of Colwill, the wrapping up of the Cucurella deal and the apparent cheapness of the Gilmour deal also point to this all being a much more cohesive set of transactions.

Whatever the truth the fallout has been explosive and to my mind is akin to anything the Palace rivalry beginnings might have had in the 70’s such that I have an intense distaste and disgust for all things West London Albion [your new franchise name Mr Boehly for which I’ll accept the princely sum of £1m as a consultancy fee for].

Modern football sucks and I for one am just glad we have Tony Bloom at the helm to extract maximum value from these shady sheisters we have to deal with.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Whilst I grew to really like us under Potter very end of last season and start of this (which coincided specifically with a certain Moises Caceido getting given some game time) I never warmed to him as a person, and always felt he was very very lucky he was with us rather than anyone else during those shockingly bad spells of results each of his 3 seasons. The club gave him great young players to work and the framework for his success. Taking the whole back room team was a total liberty and showed he couldnt give a shit how he left is. He got everything he deserved and I'm glad we as a fan base showed we can give it some needle. It needs to happen much more often

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, he has literally, mentally and physically moved on. Once again, he didn't plunder anything – they CHOSE to go. He obviously valued them enough to want to take them with him to give him the best opportunity at succeeding at a higher level.

But, sure, if holding a massive grudge does it for you, then knock yourself out. Personally I couldn't care less about him or anyone else who moves on. It's part of football that is only going to happen more often the more successful the club – and its players – become :shrug:
I'm a football fan. Of course I have massive grudges. Some go back decades.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I

He will and we can only move on in all the ways you mention when he and Chelsea stop treating Brighton as a feeder club. The intensity of the asset stripping is not part of football, it is exceptional.....
I bear no grudge, I can distinguish between Potter the man (I don't know him, so am indifferent) and Chelsea's ongoing cherry picking from our club.
I am surprised you are okay with that, but I suppose we are all different.....

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm keeping my powder dry, will wait until after the January transfer window to see if Potter comes back in for our young talent... on that, he WOULD have a say. For now though, I'm more than happy to ignore the beat-poet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here