Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will West Ham become European Champions?

Will West Ham win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh that would have been so sweet - in injury time.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Biraghi with a cut from a missile. Abandon the game. Award it to Fiorentina.
... And award the Champions League to Inter. Only seems fair :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't be silly.

This match is like a 70s European final. Ugly, turgid football, stop start, and a few nutters on the terraces thrown in.

Apparently West Ham last played Fiorentina in 1975. This might as well be re-run.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Just seen a "JUVE MERDA" banner among the most visible ones held high by the Fiorentina fans, "obsessed" doesn't begin to cover it. And to think that I was coming into this with such good sentiments and a slight sense that I would be cheering for them.
West Ham doing everything in their power to be unlikable though.
To be fair, they are probably 20 pints deep at this point, part of the reason for this kind of behaviour is the idiotic I’m so hard I can drink so much football attitude
If there's one thing we thankfully don't have here is a widespread heavy drinking culture, and that relates to football as well. No large parts of Italian fans in a stadium will be drunk when watching a match, and ultras in particular usually have to stay sharp throughout. No reason to dull the experience. We're completely sober when we're cnuts.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
To be fair, they are probably 20 pints deep at this point, part of the reason for this kind of behaviour is the idiotic I’m so hard I can drink so much football attitude
I would say, plenty of people manage to drink unreasonable amounts before a football match without doing anything worse than calling Bruno Fernandes a **** in front of small children.
In other words, you're either the sort of twat who behaves like a complete dickhead or you're not.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Imagine having to watch this standard of football every week. Shocking.

I was pro West Ham but given how they played and their fans I am now 100% Fiorentina
I’m still with the Hammers BUT imagine if we were to play even 10mins of that type of football given the slick kind of passing Potter and De Zerbi have treated us to! We are so incredibly lucky not to watch Moyesball week in and week out. It’s awful.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

If there's one thing we thankfully don't have here is a widespread heavy drinking culture, and that relates to football as well. No large parts of Italian fans in a stadium will be drunk when watching a match, and ultras in particular usually have to stay sharp throughout. No reason to dull the experience. We're completely sober when we're cnuts.
I lived in Italy for a few months, and I found it miraculous just how long most Italians can nurse a single drink for!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I would say, plenty of people manage to drink unreasonable amounts before a football match without doing anything worse than calling Bruno Fernandes a **** in front of small children.
In other words, you're either the sort of twat who behaves like a complete dickhead or you're not.
Disagree, a high proportion of anti social behaviour at football is down to people drinking too much.

Yes, there is some that can handle it and are totally fine but the dick waving brigade who drink 20 pints every match day and then barely remember the game and stumble about ruining others experience, aren’t for me.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yeah, been to football in a fair few countries and noticeable that in Italy and Spain particularly compared to elsewhere drinking beforehand isn't as common. Although having said that I felt more unsafe at two games in Italy I went to compared to elsewhere! (Not unsafe as in fearful for my safety as such, but more of an air of tension/possibility of violence etc)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Imagine having to watch this standard of football every week. Shocking.

I was pro West Ham but given how they played and their fans I am now 100% Fiorentina
I was also pro West Ham but now I'm couldn't give a monkeys either way.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
I lived in Italy for a few months, and I found it miraculous just how long most Italians can nurse a single drink for!
We usually treat them as nice sidepieces to conversations, a bit like cigars were in the past, not as quick shots to get to disinhibition
Although having said that I felt more unsafe at two games in Italy I went to compared to elsewhere!
Yeah, there's plenty of ways to be criminal arseholes without drinking heavily

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
West Ham killing the argument for Drinking at seats in PL
There are tw@ts at every club who would have killed that argument - it just so happens to be West Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here