Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we still make the auto promotion places?

Will we make auto promotion

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No.

Burnley, M'boro, Hull and Derby have far better squads, oozing quality and are therefore able to cope with injuries, and several other clubs such as Ipswich have now got their acts together.

Not sure I'd agree with those teams coping with injuries on the same scale as we've had them. Burnley without Gray, Derby without Martin and Boro without the likes of Clayton, Leadbetter, Ayala and Downing would be different prospects. Look at Derby last season for an example.

It's a yes from me if other teams get key players injured and we get back to the form we had in the first ten games. That would mean a return for the amazing Bongkaz partnership and Bruno linking up with a right sided player like March.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not sure I'd agree with those teams coping with injuries on the same scale as we've had them. Burnley without Gray, Derby without Martin and Boro without the likes of Clayton, Leadbetter, Ayala and Downing would be different prospects. Look at Derby last season for an example.

It's a yes from me if other teams get key players injured and we get back to the form we had in the first ten games. That would mean a return for the amazing Bongkaz partnership and Bruno linking up with a right sided player like March.

Hopefully Rosenior will be back soon, we worry about the LB position but if Bruno gets injured we will need Rosenior. To be fair i was fairly confident we had decent back up for most positions but nobody could envisage as many injuries at the same time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't we have the same number of injuries during Oscar's tenure? Everyone blamed the shit training facilities back then

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Automatic promotion is very much Game On now.

We will almost certainly have to beat Derby at the Amex, but no point in 'worrying' about that for now.

3 points at Rotherham and the table won't be looking any worse :rock:

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Boro are streets ahead of anyone else and will be Chaps. We are in the mix with the rest. I voted yes but depends on january signings

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Huge and triumphant Wembley day out beckons.

I'd just take the day out in Wembley for starters. I've a friend with a pair of Club Wembley seats, which he's promised me use of should we ever get there. Bloody annoying as this offer was made before the Palace playoff semi. Still waiting to cash in.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015

It's a yes from me if other teams get key players injured and we get back to the form we had in the first ten games. That would mean a return for the amazing Bongkaz partnership and Bruno linking up with a right sided player like March.[/

Boro fan here. We have built our side over 2 seasons. Karanka wanted 2 players in each position and has it. Not that we would not have been effected by injuries but we would have coped much better.

Lose Ayala - can't replace him. Best centre half in the league. His clean sheets to games played for us is unreal. Very good replacements though. Likes kalas have played there for chelsea in the premier league.
Leadbitter - forshaw, no real loss.
Downing - not many players of his quality in the league. Fabbrini is a decent replacement.
Clayton - hard to replace, zuculini or Stephens

Gk
Dimi - been outstanding
Mejias - good backup.
Agazzi - on loan from AC Milan, not yet featured.
Ripley - Stuart ripleys son, out on loan, current number 1 for motherwell. Extended loan till end of season Friday.

Defenders
RB
Damia - been injured since last season. Was first choice right back before injury.
Nsue - been excellent this season.
Kalas - was excellent last year and nsues form has kept him out.

LB
Friend - best left back in the division
Husband - did well on loan for fulham. Now back at the club.
Amborebieta - can also play here

CB
Ayala - unreal!!!
Gibson - quality and best centre half paring in the division with Ayala.
Williams - been out for a year. Coming back from injury now. Ex Boro captain. Just gone to Carlton on loan.
Woodgate - yes still kicking around and was brilliant when called upon last year.
Baptiste - signed this season, injured first friendly, not featured yet.
Amborebieta - good backup centre half.
Stephens - not really featured. On loan from Southampton
Fry - 17 year old england youth, made his championship debut starting first match of this season.
Kalas - can also play here.

CM
Clayton - been unreal this year
Leadbitter - steady and influential
Forshaw - unluckiest centre mid in the division. Has been outstanding when called upon. Lots of Boro fans have called for leadbitter to be dropped for him, so impressive have his performances been.
Zuculini - on loan from man city. Has done well when played. Man city beat Barcelona and Man U to his signature from Argentina.
Stephens - can also play here.
Bryn Morris - england under 20 captain. On loan at York

Wingers
Adomah - currently playing left, last season was right.
De Pena - 2.7m signing, not really featured yet.
Reach - just returned from a very successful loan spell at preston. Preston raving about him. Staying till end of season now.
Carayol - on loan a Huddersfield.
Wildshut - just returned from a successful spell on loan at wigan.
Stuani - Uruguay international, top scorer.
Downing - when not playing behind the striker.

Number 10
Downing
Fabbrini
Stuani can play here
Forshaw can play here

Forwards
Nugent
Kike
Stuani - can also play if needed.
Expect another to join

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

It's a yes from me if other teams get key players injured and we get back to the form we had in the first ten games. That would mean a return for the amazing Bongkaz partnership and Bruno linking up with a right sided player like March.[/

Boro fan here. We have built our side over 2 seasons. Karanka wanted 2 players in each position and has it. Not that we would not have been effected by injuries but we would have coped much better.

Lose Ayala - can't replace him. Best centre half in the league. His clean sheets to games played for us is unreal. Very good replacements though. Likes kalas have played there for chelsea in the premier league.
Downing - not many players of his quality in the league. Fabbrini is a decent replacement.

Gk
Dimi - been outstanding
Mejias - good backup.
Ripley - Stuart ripleys son, out on loan, current number 1 for motherwell. Extended loan till end of season Friday.

Defenders
RB
Damia - been injured since last season. Was first choice right back before injury.

LB

CB
Ayala - unreal!!!
Williams - been out for a year. Coming back from injury now. Ex Boro captain. Just gone to Carlton on loan.
Woodgate - yes still kicking around and was brilliant when called upon last year.
Fry - 17 year old england youth, made his championship debut starting first match of this season.

CM
Forshaw - unluckiest centre mid in the division. Has been outstanding when called upon. Lots of Boro fans have called for leadbitter to be dropped for him, so impressive have his performances been.
Zuculini - on loan from man city. Has done well when played. Man city beat Barcelona and Man U to his signature from Argentina.

Wingers
Reach - just returned from a very successful loan spell at preston. Preston raving about him. Staying till end of season now.

Number 10
Downing
Fabbrini
Stuani can play here
Forshaw can play here

Forwards
Nugent
Kike
Expect another to join

That's a huge squad to choose from.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Gk
Dimi - been outstanding
Mejias - good backup.

Defenders
RB

LB

CB
Ayala - unreal!!!

CM

Wingers

Number 10
Downing
Fabbrini
Stuani can play here
Forshaw can play here

Forwards
Nugent
Kike
Expect another to join

Fair enough. You are going to need some awful luck with injuries to derail your title bid, especially after the Derby game. Looks like we'll have to settle for second at best.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

in fairness, we have had to cope with a certain amount of injuries, Hughes & Bryson missing for months, Forsyth out for the season, Carson has been out for a while, long injured spells earlier for Thorne, Hanson, Buxton. We're not playing terribly well tbh, Hughes returning would make a huge difference, he's the one that I would describe as irreplaceable.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

Gk
Dimi - been outstanding
Mejias - good backup.

Defenders
RB

LB

CB
Ayala - unreal!!!

CM

Wingers

Number 10
Downing
Fabbrini
Stuani can play here
Forshaw can play here

Forwards
Nugent
Kike
Expect another to join

Good luck with the FFP fine when you come back down!

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
The summer signings were in the main excellent. I'm sure we will do significant business in January but will be very fortunate if the signings all come off. I think that the top 6 now may well be the top 6 at the end of the season (not necessarily the same order though) - Boro currently look the best side - I have a hunch that Hull will go up automatically as well. I have voted that we will lose in the play-offs - I have only said that on the balance of probability - it's often a form side that wins it - No way of knowing who that will be at that stage

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Good luck with the FFP fine when you come back down!

Steve Gibson was quoted last season in a interview that we where working within financial fair play. Liverpool, arsenal and man city away last season generated a lot of money in the cup run. Believe about 3m. We kept the wembley play off ticket money as agreed with norwich for the losers 2m. Gates by the end of the season were up around 6k, that's a decent figure paying around £29 . Especially the playoff final and final game over 32k people. Sold emnes and juke for around 3.5m.

This year we have sold Tomblin for 3m, made 1m from the butterfield deal to derby, old Trafford away so far and sold out the riverside v everton in the cup. Last 2 weeks on top of the 18k season ticket holders we have had just under 30k and over 32k attendances and tickets for adults at £31. Also averaging 24k a match which is 6k people paying full price rather that season ticket holders each home game. The likes of downing are 1m a year transfer over 3 or 4 years. Not an outright transfer fee. Gibson will put in as much as he is allowed within the rules. We have a cat 1 academy that minus 2.5m a season off our losses and won the under 18 league last season. Beating the likes of chelsea, man city and Man U to the title. And have beaten the Italian champions, amongst others in the u18 champions league this year and are still in the tournament. Not bad for a championship side. We have loaned out around 10 players this season already. We also have football in the community schemes and one of the biggest ones in england, minus them also.
And to top it off financial fair play is a joke that allows the richer to get rich and clubs like ours with a chairman who has been at the club for over 30 years, not allowed to invest cash. Also qpr have made a shambles of it and will be a thing of the past very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here