Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we still make the auto promotion places?

Will we make auto promotion

• Total voters

No.

Burnley, M'boro, Hull and Derby have far better squads, oozing quality and are therefore able to cope with injuries, and several other clubs such as Ipswich have now got their acts together.

Worth recalling they were without their one really class matchwinner McGoldrick, injuries are a fact of life for all teams

I didnt think we'd make it even as we clocked up the 21 unbeaten. Knew injuries would catch up with our thin quality squad (its fat with players who cant help us get promoted alas). The charlton game which we should have lost was the warning of what was coming.

However some refreshing of 4 or 5 good players should get us to the play-offs still. As we alll know it's all a lottery then with the odds against us so I had to vote for the gloomy option in the poll

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Simple poll.

I'm sure I've seen plenty of posters on here who think this run is just a blip and are confident that Tony will throw millions at the squad this month to re-ignite us

I think that ship has sailed but have faith we can do well in the play offs

That was the worst team to come to the Amex this season and we still could not score, no chance of play offs whatsoever:albion2:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I voted for not making the play offs, that on the basis that we 'currently' have two separate problems.

1) Hugely unsettled defence (Centre back injuries and also full back injuries which, in particular make me think about what is going on. Unlucky with Bong and Rosenior, Calde thrown in but, given his legs, surely he should be 'told' never to advance over the half way line given that he is plugging a gap.

We have been losing goals for fun due to indiscipline, bad luck or sheer bad play.

2) We still have the same old, same old problem that we have no 'natural' goal scorers.

One can't totally discount tactics and, as many will surely agree, there have been even as recently as today, possibly strange selections and substitutions .

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
We've possibly lost too much ground in the last 4-5 games to make top 2. However I'd fancy our chances against anyone in the playoffs, assuming that the squad is back up to strength and we don't spend any more of the season down to the bare bones.

It`s goals we need there is no one injured that is going to come back and change that, until Tony realizes that we need prolific goal scoring strikers we will not get any where near promotion from this division.Unfortunately even if we find one or two for next season we will sell them in the January window, and any one thinking we will sign any decent strikers this month is delusional

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Predictable result, all doom and gloom.

Play the youth in the cup and come back strong in 2 weeks, its a blip it had to come. We will win at Rotherham...

D

Deleted member 2719

Can't and won't vote until transfer window is closed.punk:

D

Deleted member 2719

Playing 442 the wide players are very important. Unfortunately we have lost Bong, March KLL and Rosenior. Not sure Murphy is good enough. Players are coming back Jan and Feb except March so yes I think we will make the playoffs, but then it's a blooming lottery.

I agree with all you say but how many games is it going to take to get them match sharp??? i should think it will be early March (month not the player!) at best, this is the most important window we have ever had IMO get it right bank £190million get it wrong a loss of season tickets next year.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Automatic isn't gone yet. With new signings and returning injured players we could still have a shot, those above us may well have a blip too as very hard to keep up that form week in week out. Play-Offs would still be a great achievement but I'd rather chase those top two spots and just fall short than settle for top 6 and then fall short and out!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Too many draws during unbeaten run, so not a big enough safety net now we have started to lose games.

And the squad isn't strong enough all round.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Middlesbrough and Derby are the divisions outstanding teams - we won't be hauling them in

We've also lost that "surprise package" element that went a long way to helping the unbeaten start - teams now know about us, how we play and most worryingly how easy it is to stop us

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Simple poll.

I'm sure I've seen plenty of posters on here who think this run is just a blip and are confident that Tony will throw millions at the squad this month to re-ignite us

I think that ship has sailed but have faith we can do well in the play offs

Blimey Icy. #halffull - you've just admitted we're going to finish top 6.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To be honest, I never thought we'd get automatic promotion. However, the play offs are still very much on and a lot will then depend on the squad we have available and the form we are in. If we start the play offs with the team that started the season so well (if LuaLua is back fit again and close to that form especially) then we'd have a good chance against anyone. But I've gone for losing in the play offs in this poll as they're so random and you have a one in four chance of winning so odds are against it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey Icy. #halffull - you've just admitted we're going to finish top 6.

That's a bit harsh Chailey, I have maintained that we cannot compete with Derby and Boro over a season and that we have no chance of top two, not that we won't make the playoffs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here