Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we stay up? Your thoughts

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Other than the greed of the EPL and football clubs there really is no reasonable explanation for the desperation to re-start the season.

I'm not bothered whether the season re-starts or not tbh. More important things to worry about.

The results could be totally skewed by having to play behind closed doors. Don't the EPL and the PL clubs not get it that it is a spectator sport? Without spectators it's just pretty pointless.

Cricket would probably be a far easier sport to get going again at a professional level because social distancing would be much easier to observe. But are we hearing the ECB and county teams demanding that the cricket season must start? Maybe there just isn't the same level of greed and self interest in cricket.

Football should re-start when it's safe for us to go and watch games again. If that means 20/21 season being a washout, then so must it be. Hopefully, more players, managers etc will have the guts to stand up like Deeney and refuse to participate until it's safe and not allow themselves to be bullied into playing before it is.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Before all this I think we were dead certs for going down. I think if we do resume, things will be completely different. All form goes out the window and it becomes a completely different competition that will be decided by who has managed their preparations better than the others. I think our odds will have improved as a result of this.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think it will come down to Bournemouth.
Has their injury list cleared up during lockdown?
If it has, we are in deep trouble

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As someone who has gone to every game this season I never thought I'd say this but I REALLY DON'T CARE.

It just isn't important. I think this money driven industry has finally broken my love for it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As someone who has gone to every game this season I never thought I'd say this but I REALLY DON'T CARE.

It just isn't important. I think this money driven industry has finally broken my love for it.

The only reason I want to stay up is for Tony.

What he has done for our club is nothing short of remarkable.

I just want to be back at the Amex having a laugh and drink with my friends.

FWIW I think we will win at least two home games, and yes we'll stay up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not the only positive either.

More games
Better chance of winning a game

And most importantly NO VAR!!

Relegation, bring it on I say!

Who says no VAR? We bloody need VAR as the rest of this season has shown.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The only reason I want to stay up is for Tony.

What he has done for our club is nothing short of remarkable.

I just want to be back at the Amex having a laugh and drink with my friends.

FWIW I think we will win at least two home games, and yes we'll stay up.

Agree TB has done so much, whatever is good for Tony is good with me

If we do stay up, I'll be relief and there will be no celebration. Unsure whether I'll watch the games at this stage

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’m in about the same place. The attitude of the PL has appalled me and it is tainting my feelings for the Albion, as members of that organization.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have the opinion of a lot of others, I don't give a hoot if we stay up or not. The results, if they go our way or not will always be looked back on as an unfair conclusion to a season that was interrupted by the biggest catastrophe in many of our lifetimes. There are more important things in life than football results and if this skewed season deemed we would be playing in a league lower or not to satisfy the money men so be it, I cant wait to get down The Amex and support my team in normal conditions when and if that is possible and enjoy the things I used to enjoy about football. The hierarchy stink in this industry but there is little we can do to change the situation.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think it is more likely that we will stay up

1) I'm sure the bookies odds will suggest that we probably would stay up(haven't looked)
2) What happens to form? Whilst we had a few creditable 0-0 draws just before the break, we couldn't buy a goal. I would suggest that form-wise it might be a touch similar to a new season (so no telling)
3) After all the focus on our really tricky "home" games, it would be typical that we will do rather well in them

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I have the opinion of a lot of others, I don't give a hoot if we stay up or not. The results, if they go our way or not will always be looked back on as an unfair conclusion to a season that was interrupted by the biggest catastrophe in many of our lifetimes. There are more important things in life than football results and if this skewed season deemed we would be playing in a league lower or not to satisfy the money men so be it, I cant wait to get down The Amex and support my team in normal conditions when and if that is possible and enjoy the things I used to enjoy about football. The hierarchy stink in this industry but there is little we can do to change the situation.
I agree , it's Pro's and Con's . Premier League - you are watching a higher standard of football but it may be tricky Down the Leagues is more fun and winning more than you lose is absolutely possible

Offside Oz

Apr 30, 2016
If the season is completed I think B'fluff and Villa will stay up at the expense of two from Watford, Newcastle or Palace. I can't actually remember many of their fixtures so it is more a gut feeling than any science.

The break should have help the bottom 8 clubs as form becomes irrelevant and all teams should have most of their squad back from injury. If two matches are played every week it should benefit those with younger squads (B'fluff, Villa and S'ton).

I agree with whoever posted that there are likely to be some shock results with lower placed teams more up for it than supposedly safe teams. It's not football as we would like to see it but it will certainly be interesting. Those not interested in it will be the first to post how much they are not interested each match.

Palace are on 39 points with 9 games left. I really can’t see them going down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Very well put.

If we are relegated because of the needs of the money men then we just have to get on with it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it might be a case of others doing more wrong

.... earlier in the season.

I think we’re the only one of the 92 clubs who haven’t won a league game in 2020.

Not sinking like a stone, but slowly and steadily heading to join Norwich and one other.

Our saving grace might be, as another poster has said, that the long break has allowed a reset for Potter and the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here