Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we stay up? Your thoughts

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think we'll probably go down. I actually think it could be a big positive too. We have an awesome amount of fresh young talent coming through an I think having a good championship season could really re-invigorate the Amex crowd.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Do we know if the games will be played in the same order as they were due to be played before the fixtures were suspended?

Before the suspension I didn't think we would go down but I think B'muff and Villa will have benefitted from the break and will have several influential players now available. Previously B'muff had most of their defence crocked.
So I now think we're 50/50 to get relegated.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yeah that's fair, and I could be wrong (as I don't have the data to hand) but I feel like we were probably higher than that and have shipped more recently? Happy to be corrected on that, though.

Our actual goal difference is far superior to our rivals too. So no need for doom and gloom!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Let's be honest, we're dreadful.

If the season is completed I can't see any outcome other than relegation for us. Not tight at the back and we don't score. If the season is canceled and we keep our place in the PL it'll at least give us a few months to get our act together.

We aren't dreadful. We have played some pretty good football, but got into a bad/unlucky run at the wrong time.
Fortunately the season was suspended when we were on a horrendous run, with no way out.

There are a lot of variables in this season which should keep us up.

- There remain 5 teams below us.
- Three of them have to out perform us.
- Norwich and Villa are truly dreadful.
- Newcastle play 4 of the bottom 6 (including us) they could easily be dragged back into the mix
- Our hardest (on paper) games are against teams that will have little to play for.
- West Ham still have to play Watford/Villa/Norwich
- Norwich still have to play Us/West Ham/Watford

Key games are Norwich and Newcastle.

I think we will have enough to stay up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Let's be honest, we're dreadful.

If the season is completed I can't see any outcome other than relegation for us. Not tight at the back and we don't score. If the season is canceled and we keep our place in the PL it'll at least give us a few months to get our act together.

Not tight at the back??

We haven’t let in a goal since 29th February.

However, a load of Dirty Leeds fans think we are going down, so, it must be true.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
cluster****. i honestly don't see how they can allow the season to resume , no doubt with loads of ridiculous restrictions , rules and directives , expect it to be a genuine outcome and expect fans to embrace it when they are not allowed to walk around their home town/city , not allowed to visit their grandchildren / grandparents and with the whole spectre of this phony pandemic lurking in the background.....stanley kubrick must be absolutely pissing himself up there ....what a load of old pipe.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think we'll probably go down. I actually think it could be a big positive too. We have an awesome amount of fresh young talent coming through an I think having a good championship season could really re-invigorate the Amex crowd.

Not the only positive either.

More games
Better chance of winning a game

And most importantly NO VAR!!

Relegation, bring it on I say!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If we get football back on ................

...The great likelihood is that we'll stay up.

We're a good side who have played good football. We've not been out of any game going in the last five minutes in about 25 of the 29 games we've played this season. We've picked up unlikely points and will continue to do so.

P9 W2 D3 L4 will easily keep us up

SAC

May 21, 2014
If the season is completed I think B'fluff and Villa will stay up at the expense of two from Watford, Newcastle or Palace. I can't actually remember many of their fixtures so it is more a gut feeling than any science.

The break should have help the bottom 8 clubs as form becomes irrelevant and all teams should have most of their squad back from injury. If two matches are played every week it should benefit those with younger squads (B'fluff, Villa and S'ton).

I agree with whoever posted that there are likely to be some shock results with lower placed teams more up for it than supposedly safe teams. It's not football as we would like to see it but it will certainly be interesting. Those not interested in it will be the first to post how much they are not interested each match.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

We're a good side who have played good football. We've not been out of any game going in the last five minutes in about 25 of the 29 games we've played this season. We've picked up unlikely points and will continue to do so.

We've not won a game all year. Our form is dreadful. We've got a shocking run of games still to play. If we stay up, it'll be by the skin of our teeth. Again

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020

We're not one of the worst 3 teams in this division, the playing behind closed doors I think will only magnify the true quality of each team so long as they are properly focused and mentally right. I don't think we would have gone down pre this virus and I think even stronger now we won't go down.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We've not won a game all year. Our form is dreadful. We've got a shocking run of games still to play. If we stay up, it'll be by the skin of our teeth. Again

I don't really think form matters any more. I firmly believe we will pick up some surprise results. We'll be ok

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
gut feeling is we are heading down. Villa , Bournemouth and Watford will have a better 9 game season than us.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Prior to this COVID-19 pause to the season we were in free fall so whatever happens we haven't really been disadvantaged by the enforced break, there was no rhythm to interrupt.

Personally I don't think the season should re-start and there are far more important issues with which to concern ourselves.

That said, it will re-start and, as someone has said, we'll lose the first couple, there will be too many outbreaks of COVID and the season will be stopped at that point and the league will be decided on PPG and we'll go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here