Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we keep CMS?

Feb 3, 2013
His contract is up, 7 starts from 21 appearances and 2 goals, in 2 seasons, hardly constitutes a new contract to take him into the Premier League, does it?
Idk, he was hardly fit all last season, this season he's looked a lot better, he just needs to put his chances away, something that he didn't do against forest at home. He gets way more opportunities than CMS, as shown against forest and Newcastle. I think his will give him a new contract to have a good number of strikers and he might turn out good.

Feb 3, 2013
His contract is up, 7 starts from 21 appearances and 2 goals, in 2 seasons, hardly constitutes a new contract to take him into the Premier League, does it?
Idk, he was hardly fit all last season, this season he's looked a lot better, he just needs to put his chances away, something that he didn't do against forest at home. He gets way more opportunities than CMS, as shown against forest and Newcastle. I think his will give him a new contract to have a good number of strikers and he might turn out good.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think this thread has shown what an effect Ulloa has had on the club. Had I posted a similar thread before his arrival I would have had hundreds of NSC'ers accusing me of not being a true fan or being a troll yet now after Len's recent performances they've all realised how lacking we were in attack.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Stay as cover, we're not getting any money back for him.

You're right I think we were completely mugged off in the first place, there's no chance in hell we'll manage to make a respectable portion of that cash back.

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Hope he stays. He'll not have so much pressure on his shoulders now as Ulloa is scoring for fun.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was really struck by Ulloa running through Palace and getting the shot away, and Buckley missing the rebound.

Ulloa looked like he was running through treacle, and still Palace couldn't get to him.
I guess the centre backs had taken such a 'kickin', they were a spent force.

Had that been CMS (say what you like about control/finish etc) but he would batter a Ulloa'ed defence, for half an hour.

Sure that's not why he came, and not why the club spent so much money, but if the glove fits...

Ulloa is clearly the man, which does beg the question was CMS and his style ever wanted by Gus?

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
I hope he goes. But we are stuck with him until he's fit unless we are prepared to let him leave for no or little cost

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
On this thread,

Leo has been a fantastic acquisition but, and depending upon where GP is looking to go, CMS with Leo could terrify the s--- out of all comers, both would worry the ---- out of most if not all championship clubs, and probably a few in the PL as well.

I wont go in to the pros and cons but, up until his injury, CMS was our top goal scorer and, look at the Burnley away game, two fantastic strikes which probably no other player on the books could have emulated.

Flame me if you wish, I have mentioned no names but having said that, Hosky also has great potential !

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
On this thread,

Leo has been a fantastic acquisition but, and depending upon where GP is looking to go, CMS with Leo could terrify the s--- out of all comers, both would worry the ---- out of most if not all championship clubs, and probably a few in the PL as well.

I wont go in to the pros and cons but, up until his injury, CMS was our top goal scorer and, look at the Burnley away game, two fantastic strikes which probably no other player on the books could have emulated.

Flame me if you wish, I have mentioned no names but having said that, Hosky also has great potential !

:flameboun

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
On this thread,

:clap:

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
I doubt anyone would want him now. It's a nasty injury and one that's finished many careers I'm afraid. I hope he makes a full recovery but cant see anyone wanting him until he gets a few games under his belt and I dont see him getting many opportunities here anyway. He'll probably go for free when his contract ends.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
On this thread,

Not going to flame on you, you've got some valid points, yes the burnley goals were sensational but I would rather have consistent scoring from a striker than long droughts and the odd really good strike

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was really struck by Ulloa running through Palace and getting the shot away, and Buckley missing the rebound.

It was Spanish Dave who missed it I think, hate to say it but a good save from Speroni

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not going to flame on you, you've got some valid points, yes the burnley goals were sensational but I would rather have consistent scoring from a striker than long droughts and the odd really good strike

Thank you and I very much agree but is it down to the system GP has played ? - I don't think we should write off CMS as we probably won't ever see another Albion player who puts so much effort into a game/match

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Thank you and I very much agree but is it down to the system GP has played ? - I don't think we should write off CMS as we probably won't ever see another Albion player who puts so much effort into a game/match

I did forget to put that in my initial post, I agree we can't fault his efforts, he gave it his all just didn't work for our system. Hope it all works out for him at another club more suited to his style.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't think CMS has the football intelligence to play in our team, not with our style anyway. I just hope that someone comes in and offers us £1.5m as I believe that's a fair price.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I don't think CMS has the football intelligence to play in our team, not with our style anyway. I just hope that someone comes in and offers us £1.5m as I believe that's a fair price.

We'd be robbing them blind but I'd take that :thumbsup:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Think he will form a great partnership with Ulloa we saw one tiny glimpse the game last home game before the injury CMS cutting in from wide right

This......... if only our manager will allow the team to play with two strikers!! Strange to read comments that CMS doesn't fit into our style, is this the passing game? Since the arrival of Ulloa we appear to be scoring goals by crosses from the wings, be they low or high, set pieces or scrambled goals in the box. Much vaunted, our style of play, its not so distinctive but its what game plan the manager dictates. Since the Palace game we are playing a more attacking team from the start, perhaps the manager has at last learned how to score goals!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here