Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ever know what went wrong?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With 1 win in 17 games and 12 points it is now looking like gross negligence from Bloom 5 points adrift of 5th bottom with some very tough games in the next month, it may well be too late now if/when he finally does something , and to think Poyet was drummed out for " gross misconduct " mmmm

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Think of that list of players that have left since then.. and the quality of the players we now attract. Oscar going was indicitive too... It wasnt that he didnt want to manage in England. He didnt want to manage us.
I'm amazed we've let the club get away with not really telling us what happened. We need to know, so we can put it right... and once again start bringing the talent in.
Yes too many good players but arguably the best 3 included 2 taken by Poyet; and 1 who we could never realistically keep hold of [probably his last chance to play top flight football]. We got a bit of dosh for him. The injury to Croft and CMS etc etc And we're still not sure if the current crop are actually THAT bad.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I reckon Bloom and Barber thought Gus was getting too big for his boots. They wanted to show him whose club it was.
Unfortunately I think that shows that they were naive. Managing the Egos of talented people is a skill. They let THEIR egos get in the way... and it turned into a showdown.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bloom chose Barber over Poyet basically and the rest is history

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why sack Pat Saward ?
Time to move on, learn from mistakes.

What does everyone want A truth and reconciliation committee set up ?

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
With 1 win in 17 games and 12 points it is now looking like gross negligence from Bloom 5 points adrift of 5th bottom with some very tough games in the next month, it may well be too late now if/when he finally does something , and to think Poyet was drummed out for " gross misconduct " mmmm

yep... and treating him like that.. after what he'd done for the club was a bad error.

Gave out all the wrong signals to the media, and potential players and managers. We started to look like an ungrateful egotistical club.. honestly.. sacking probably our best manager ever for 'gross misconduct'

What the hell did he do????

We got to know... the story NEEDS to come out for us to turn this around

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Why sack Pat Saward ?
Time to move on, learn from mistakes.

What does everyone want A truth and reconciliation committee set up ?

Coz we are in a downwars spiral as a direct result... and until we do have the truth and reconcile we wont move on....

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
so much easier in the Bamber/Mullery days..... great brighton fan chairman handpicks his man (a great ex pro) and the 2 work mutually well for each other......

Not sure this is entirely true. They had their bust ups and Wickenden was the peacemaker until his unfortunate death. As for the manner of Muller's departure, NSC would go into meltdown (again) if a similar situation occurred.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not sure this is entirely true. They had their bust ups and Wickenden was the peacemaker until his unfortunate death. As for the manner of Muller's departure, NSC would go into meltdown (again) if a similar situation occurred.
Plus the fact the club eventually went bust.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Time for the Club to come clean.

WHY was Poyet sacked?

I cant believe we've let them get away without telling us!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why?
Personally are can't stand the bloke and couldn't give a shite about why he was booted out,but he was a nob and obviously wanted out in march.

He's gone thank fack and we've moved on :)

Yes and it's all going so well isn't it ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Coz we are in a downwars spiral as a direct result... and until we do have the truth and reconcile we wont move on....

Reconcile with who ? Bloom employed a crap manager and a director of football or whatever he is called. It's down to him to correct things. Barber was given instruction to cut back so why everyone gets on his case is beyond me Dub.
It's a cyclical thing and we will have to accept this dip before we come back. There is very little hidden really about the last 4 years so why we keep wanting it explained beats me.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Why?
Personally are can't stand the bloke and couldn't give a shite about why he was booted out,but he was a nob and obviously wanted out in march.

He's gone thank fack and we've moved on :)

THis is kind of what I mean. I dont really like him either... but when managing Egos you have to rise above personal feelings.
FFS he was doing an awesomne job. Look what he did for the club!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We were discussing this in the pub yesterday and no one can believe Hyypia is still at the club, he should have gone 2 months ago. It may be too late now

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Reconcile with who ? Bloom employed a crap manager and a director of football or whatever he is called. It's down to him to correct things. Barber was given instruction to cut back so why everyone gets on his case is beyond me Dub.
It's a cyclical thing and we will have to accept this dip before we come back. There is very little hidden really about the last 4 years so why we keep wanting it explained beats me.

Reconcile with US.
Its not a cyclical thing when you have a good manager... Alex Fergusson's reign wasnt cyclical... it was consistent. So was Poyets regin with us. Consistantly UP.
Now its consistently down.
We need the truth of his sacking to come out, because that is where the poison that is killing this club lies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here