#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I sincerely hope so.
I think the only player that would pretty much guarantee it would be Jordan Rhodes.
I know, ridiculously expensive but a proven 20 goal a season championship striker and still only 25.
Playing for a side that at best will be bottom half of the table and I imagine he is beginning to eye up opportunities to play in the premiership as he is nearing his peak.
If we are there or thereabouts in January might be able to force it through.
Scored 7 in his last 5 games.
Signing Calleri may work, if it comes off, but is certainly no guarantee.
Its easy to "spend" someone elses money!
:albion2::):bhasign:

I was thinking this exact thing the other day.

Even, if by January, we have slipped out of the top 2 but are still within striking distance of the automatic promotion spots then I expect us to strengthen our hand in the transfer window.

I also expect us to go large and suspect Calleri is the top target...We must be seriously interested for Barber to get on a plane and fly to Buenos Aires to try and negotiate a deal. But if Calleri is a non-starter then we should definitely go after Rhodes...He will be fairly pricey but it will be worth the investment if it helps to deliver us Premier League riches.

I am not sure it would take much to convince him to come either as I imagine he would like to play in the top flight and that certainly will not be happening at Blackburn Rovers anytime in the next few seasons. Getting him in would be a real statement of intent and could well be the final piece of the jigsaw!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This has got to be our year, Shirley?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its a great position to be in at the moment, but the frustrating thing is we should have been at least 4 points better off over the last 3 games. I suspect we may rue that some time later in the season.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think it is our year after being the "nearly team" for so long. I think the desire of the players
this season so far has been top rate and that isn't going to go away. If anything it will get
better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here