Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we be there at the business end?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get Calleri in January and we get promoted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Octobers 4 matches will tell us. If we don't win at least 2 then I can see us drifting downwards, win 2 and draw 2 or something like that and at least 8 points would mean Top 6 for sure

We do need to end the October jinx, that is a given. We'll be out of the top 6 by the end of the month if we don't.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ive seen enough of us now to think we will be top 10 at worst.

So in the shake up for play offs yes.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Get a goalscorer in January and i think we can be top 2 at the end of the season. We should be killing the games off. 6 points dropped in the last 3 games.

Zawn Kellys

Feb 14, 2012
Yes, i think we will be.

A new striker in January will help, but more importantly i think it will be how we (and others) cope with the pressure at the end of the season. Look at Derby last season. i reckon with the experienced set up we have we will cope with it pretty well.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What surprises me even more is how good we have been in every game. I actually don't think there has been a game we have deserved to even drop a point yet. The fact is we have dropped points when we should have won, so that's not a good sign but on the flip side. Who is actually better than us ? Even with a weakened side at the weekend, we absolutely battered Cardiff. For me I havn't seen a side as good as us so I say YES we will be there.
We have yet to see Boro, Burnley, Derby and Reading. I suspect that they are all pretty good too. I make us about a 33% chance to finish in the top two and 50% to go up.

I am sure that Tony Bloom would talk about our promotion in terms that the aim is to be in their pitching with a % chance each season. One year will be our year. Could well be this.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I cannot see enough goals in the squad currently to get auto. I think the play offs are a realistic shout though.

I'd like to see someone in on loan ASAP. Other than that we are in pretty good shape overall.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Likely to be in the playoffs providing we can retain the key players (nothing at all suggesting we're prepared to let anyone go after the Dunk saga) and avoid any significant injury losses. As for being top two, we need to start converting more chances - god knows we're creating enough now, either by our top two properly clicking or getting someone else in. All very........tantalising.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I sincerely hope so.
I think the only player that would pretty much guarantee it would be Jordan Rhodes.
I know, ridiculously expensive but a proven 20 goal a season championship striker and still only 25.
Playing for a side that at best will be bottom half of the table and I imagine he is beginning to eye up opportunities to play in the premiership as he is nearing his peak.
If we are there or thereabouts in January might be able to force it through.
Scored 7 in his last 5 games.
Signing Calleri may work, if it comes off, but is certainly no guarantee.
Its easy to "spend" someone elses money!
:albion2::):bhasign:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am sure that if we are still top 2 by mid November, serious cash will be thrown at the squad in January to help get us over the line.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The most interesting thing about this thread is that in Middlesbrough, they also use the term Bedwetter for the pessimists, but call Lickers 'Ra Ras'.

Reckon we'll strengthen in Jan. I think that a short term loan between then and now will do more harm than good, unless it's with a view to a permanent deal in Jan. I wonder if Tex might become available now?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If we do happen to be in this position in January, it will be easier to convince a quality player like Calleri to come here than it would have in the summer. Success breeds success.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here