Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be signing a DECENT striker on loan or permanent before the window closes?

Will we be signing a decent new striker by the time the window closes?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would still drop 17 million or so on Bowen at Hull. Its the only one I can think of that offers a decent price for a young player that's scoring goals.
And if the worst happens we have Maupay Bowen and Connelly to fire us up again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
West Ham away …… Twang!!!! goes Maupay’s hammy. Creak!!! Goes the sound of Muzzas knees as he rises from the bench.

The next audible sound is 2000 Albion fans heads going into their hands, before getting their phones out to see what odds remain on us being relegated.
Don't forget all the Google searches for free agent strikers ( under 21 of course because the 25 man squad would be locked in ).

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Our hit to miss ratio for the money spent stacks up with most clubs in the division if you ask me.

I just think we need to get over this, we don’t buy players in January thing. I mean, I get it as a general principle, but given we shipped out 3 senior forward players towards the end of the last window, I would say an exception could be made.

Two of those forwards were shipped out after our window closed so we were unable to do anything about it which makes our inactivity even more bizarre ! I cannot believe any other Premier league club would not have had signings scouted and arranged to come in the moment the window opened to offset these decisions!! its madness in all honesty.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not my money so apart from being a bit pissed off, not that big a deal come August if we are kicking off in the Championship. If we don’t get anybody in this week it increases our chances of going down though and the club will be as aware of it as any of us. If they are happy to wing it for the rest of the season, so be it.

In the grand scheme of things, with our perceived wage and transfer structure, going down is a matter of when not if. If being one place above the relegation places is going to be our strategy for the next few years I’m not sure I’m too bothered if we go down this season rather than next or the one after.

Here’s hoping they spring a surprise quality signing on us and we can all hang our heads in shame for doubting them.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would still drop 17 million or so on Bowen at Hull. Its the only one I can think of that offers a decent price for a young player that's scoring goals.
And if the worst happens we have Maupay Bowen and Connelly to fire us up again.

Agree. Bowen looks a better option than many of the foreign league signings which have been talked about

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just like the Albion not to bother strengthening and Maupay gets injured on Saturday leaving us with Murray and Connolly up top for the rest of the season

Could be worse, Maupay gets injured early in the game Murray comes on and does a hamstring and is out for more than a month. So look on the brightside!

Less than 10% expect a signing. WOW the club have us well trained not to expect too much! Imagine if we were West Ham, there would be hangings!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Just like the Albion not to bother strengthening and Maupay gets injured on Saturday leaving us with Murray and Connolly up top for the rest of the season

Was thinking just that however with the addition of GM leaving on Friday to join Forest/Reading... Anyone would think we are scoring goals for fun and in a really strong league position...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Was thinking just that however with the addition of GM leaving on Friday to join Forest/Reading... Anyone would think we are scoring goals for fun and in a really strong league position...

He’ll be a happy soul around the squad if we have blocked a move and he is back up until Maupay gets injured!

Surely we wouldn’t be mad enough to let him leave if we bring nobody in???

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I think that we are resigned to the inevitable GP is not the answer. He brought fresh ideas and hope when he arrived but has been exposed as sadly lacking in knowledge and tactical nous for The Premier.

you're very quick to condemn our manager pops, not even a season.

are you properly qualified to make this assessment?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think that we are resigned to the inevitable GP is not the answer. He brought fresh ideas and hope when he arrived but has been exposed as sadly lacking in knowledge and tactical nous for The Premier.

I’m sure he will be absolutely mortified that the senior sage of NSC has condemned him as a charlatan.
BG, a man who very rarely gets anything, let alone football right, passing judgement on a man who is managing in the Premier League, and has recently had his contract improved. I’ll bet he is desolate.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I have faith, we simply must be signing a striker.

I refuse to accept that intelligent men like Bloom, Barber and Ashworth would make a statement about wanting to become a top 10 Premier League side and then leave us with a strike force that would struggle in the Championship.

It’s going to happen.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

I refuse to accept that intelligent men like Bloom, Barber and Ashworth would make a statement about wanting to become a top 10 Premier League side and then leave us with a strike force that would struggle in the Championship.

It’s going to happen.

fingers crossed.. Jarrod Bowen would be a good shout..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It’s going to happen.

This is all I can hang onto.

Bloom is a clever man, our need for a striker is dire and obvious to all.

That means only 1 outcome - we sign a striker - but the wait for that outcome is soul destroying.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's written in the stars Glenn will keep us up

Potters happy with what he has

If GPott comes up with a plan to play Murray, without him having to press, then he absolutely could/will provide the nous and goal scoring ability to keep us up. but he'll need a run of games and a lot of willing runners around him.

And no, we won't sign another striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here