Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we achieve promotion to the Premier league in the next 3 years?

Will we reach the promised land in the next 3 years?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 104 70.3%
  • No, no we will not

Votes: 44 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Promotion to the Premier League this year, next year or any year come to that will be followed by dismal relegation the subsequent year as sure as night follows day.

For what it is worth I don't believe we will go up any time soon, but when it comes to football I prefer my glass half empty. It's easier that way.

Jimmy Grimble

I've seen this '5 year plan' and '5 years to get to the Prem from the first Amex season' so many times on here, but I don't actually recall Bloom ever saying it. Is it a perpetuated NSC myth?

These kind of questions are difficult to answer. There are so many variables that influence the likelihood of promotion year-on-year - circumstances are constantly changing. I wonder how many other teams thought they'd be in the Prem within 3 years this time in 2009/2010? Ipswich? Leeds? Sheffield United? Bristol City? Watford? Middlesbrough? Forest? Leicester?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I've seen this '5 year plan' and '5 years to get to the Prem from the first Amex season' so many times on here, but I don't actually recall Bloom ever saying it. Is it a perpetuated NSC myth?

These kind of questions are difficult to answer. There are so many variables that influence the likelihood of promotion year-on-year - circumstances are constantly changing. I wonder how many other teams thought they'd be in the Prem within 3 years this time in 2009/2010? Ipswich? Leeds? Sheffield United? Bristol City? Watford? Middlesbrough? Forest? Leicester?

I can't imagine Bristol City ever entertained the possibility of Premier league football or Sheff Utd...

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I think we will but there's no certainties - a better run with injuries next season would help. At the end of the day I couldn't be much happier as an Albion fan, just look at what the new acadamy will be like! For all those naysayers out there, listen to Uncle Norman - "you've come a long way, baby".

Jimmy Grimble

I can't imagine Bristol City ever entertained the possibility of Premier league football or Sheff Utd...

Really?

2009/10 Championship season:

Sheff U finished 8th
Bristol City finished 10th

I think you're placing too much emphasis on where they are now.

8th-10th is where a lot of our fans are expecting to see us finish this year. I know you can't fully compare each club's situation as it's not simply a quantitative measure of league position; we have to factor in club stability, managerial/player situations, momentum, investment, etc. But I'd imagine both Sheff U and Bristol City fans would have been expecting to challenge for play offs the next year.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Really?

2009/10 Championship season:

Sheff U finished 8th
Bristol City finished 10th

I think you're placing too much emphasis on where they are now.

8th-10th is where a lot of our fans are expecting to see us finish this year. I know you can't fully compare each club's situation as it's not simply a quantitative measure of league position; we have to factor in club stability, managerial/player situations, momentum, investment, etc. But I'd imagine both Sheff U and Bristol City fans would have been expecting to challenge for play offs the next year.

Not only that Sheff U have been in the top flight in 5 of the last 20 seasons, a lot of clubs would love that TBH, I think of them as one of the big clubs!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We will get there, but Cardiff were good enough to think about going up for 3 seasons at least before they did it, so who knows when?
Once there we should buy more players than we can use, and make sure that they are all sub standard, sack the manager 8 games in and then offer the job to Tony Pulis, who will effectively refuse the job by asking for double the money Wenger is on.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I reckon we'll get into the playoffs at least once in the next 3 seasons but then it's always a bit of a lottery.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon we've got some sort of chance this year.

If we can stay within the current 5 points of a playoff place by Jan 1st, I can see a successful charge for playoff qualification, and then there's the chance...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Id bet my house on it if I had one.

I have a house and I won't be betting it on this - ...... but I did vote yes. Oscar is the business.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We will get there, but Cardiff were good enough to think about going up for 3 seasons at least before they did it, so who knows when?
Once there we should buy more players than we can use, and make sure that they are all sub standard, sack the manager 8 games in and then offer the job to Tony Pulis, who will effectively refuse the job by asking for double the money Wenger is on.

What an unlikely scenario that is. Who would be daft enough to get themselves in to that state of affairs..........

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Head says no, heart says yes. So I'm going with my heart.

We have the potential, and a brilliant academy to help draw in and develop young talent. I think many of the problems we appear to be facing are shared by lots of other clubs. Whereas some teams are falling from grace, we seem to be going from strength to strength. Consolidate a strong top-of-the-table performance this season, go for promotion next time.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Y U NO maybe option?!

woodfence.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Cardiff should definitely be our inspiration - close a number of seasons but failing until last season. A team that has time to build has a much better chance of survival than say a team like Palace who got there by chance. Personally, I hope we get there in the next three seasons but I doubt we will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here