Votes: 132 78.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ah 'Tron. You're very cruel. What we have is a worse version of Luis Suarez. Works for him with superior understanding of the game, and will work again for CMS.

But not here sadly.

What medication are you on?

Suarez dribbling round opponents, and scoring goals for fun, or laying it off for others.
CMS may be a lovely guy at fans forums, but their football skills are poles apart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're playing further up the pitch because we have a forward who can control a football, and bring others into the game - the ball isn't coming straight back at us. When CMS played the role, half the moves that broke down were because the ball would hit his shin and fumble off for a throw.

As for the point about playing Hammond, Bridcutt, Dicker etc - I can only remember one home game when we played three of those midfielders together... Our team was and still is two of those players and then either Orlandi, David or Vicente in the middle with them

Aaarrrrggghhhhh.

How can you bring others into the game when there's nobody there!!!

I'm not and never have said £2.5m rated CMS is the answer to all our problems, and after Saturday Ulloa seems the better fit.

My point is and always has been (see the first post in my sig thread) we haven't played 'for' CMS because Gus has always been to intent to make sure we didn't lose.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yes, yes he will, another hat trick against the scum will see he does. 2 against Bristol City, 1 against Bolton 2 against Barnsley..

You heard it here first...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
CMS as there are not too many games left.

He has had a poor season though. Has he been man of the match in any game?

Has he even been in contention as mom for any game?
Can't remember.

Burnley away - 2 of the best finishes of the season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What medication are you on?

Suarez dribbling round opponents, and scoring goals for fun, or laying it off for others.
CMS may be a lovely guy at fans forums, but their football skills are poles apart.

You don't see any similarities in style?

I watched the "Peterborough CMS goals" video before posting that, and there are plenty where he's nudged it past someone and then thundered it MAJESTICALLY into the back of the net. He is a lower leagues Suarez. Nobody else is Suarez or on a par, OBVIOUSLY. He's the top scorer in the Premier League which we all know is the best competition in the history of time so obviously he's a little bit better than most.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I voted for Ulloa simply because he will play more, if CMS had the same game time i would back him to be top scorer.

Stumpy Tim

Aaarrrrggghhhhh.

How can you bring others into the game when there's nobody there!!!

I'm not and never have said £2.5m rated CMS is the answer to all our problems, and after Saturday Ulloa seems the better fit.

My point is and always has been (see the first post in my sig thread) we haven't played 'for' CMS because Gus has always been to intent to make sure we didn't lose.

It needs someone to hold onto the ball and wait for support. Ulloa can do it, CMS can't. That's the key difference

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It needs someone to hold onto the ball and wait for support. Ulloa can do it, CMS can't. That's the key difference
I do know we will circle this for ever!!!.

Currently ulloa has Orlandi Lopez Buckley bridge and to a much lesser extent Bruno.
Fabulous we are truly blessed.

CMS had the defenders occasionally Buckley and defensive holding left winger :shrug: Barnes.
Under a manager who didn't want to lose.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ulloa would have put away about 15 of the 20 virtual open goals Barnes and CM-S have spunked away this season and if he had been here at the start of the season we would have won the league or been second at worst.

Wouldn't be winning the league, but we'd be in a healthier position fo sho.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
CMS still has a major role to play this season i suspect. Apart from the real possibility of injury/suspensions, it may actually work well to use him more tactically, rarther than relying on him 100% as main striker. I thought he was very effective when brought on against Burnely - exactly what was needed at that time and did the job brilliantly. Same i think against Huddersfield - they were knackered and the last thing they would have wanted to see was CMS scampering rings around them. Also, if we hit a point (quite possible) where it becomes shit or bust and we need to go flat out for a win every game, then the Ulloa-CMS combination up front may be very much needed (and has the potential to work very well). Would not suprise me if Ulloa ends up top scorer but that is NOT because CMS is shit, or not needed anymore.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People slag CMS off but when he came on we scored 3!
I could have saved myself a lit of time and effort by working out that fact.

Jimmy Grimble

CMS still has a major role to play this season i suspect. Apart from the real possibility of injury/suspensions, it may actually work well to use him more tactically, rarther than relying on him 100% as main striker. I thought he was very effective when brought on against Burnely - exactly what was needed at that time and did the job brilliantly. Same i think against Huddersfield - they were knackered and the last thing they would have wanted to see was CMS scampering rings around them. Also, if we hit a point (quite possible) where it becomes shit or bust and we need to go flat out for a win every game, then the Ulloa-CMS combination up front may be very much needed (and has the potential to work very well). Would not suprise me if Ulloa ends up top scorer but that is NOT because CMS is shit, or not needed anymore.

Good post.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He didn't get any! Which is the question on this thread. Unfortunately there appears to be the view that you're either pro-CMS or anti. He's a decent championship striker. Ulloa is better though

There is a case to argue that CMS creates space for other attackers when he is playing as he takes a couple of defenders with him. I think Leo will score more than him overall (injuries permitting)

Stumpy Tim

There is a case to argue that CMS creates space for other attackers when he is playing as he takes a couple of defenders with him. I think Leo will score more than him overall (injuries permitting)

The key goal was a header from a corner. Even the most ardent CMS supporter can't claim to be involved in that. The next was a mistake by the defender with Ulloa down his neck - nothing to do with CMS. He did win the penalty though so credit there

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here