Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will There Be An End Of Season Awards & Dinner?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I always quite like watching the end of season awards, but there seems to be nothing about them this year. With probably Alexis and Moises off to pastures new , and our players flying off for a break all over the world, it seems time to have them with any players attending is very short.

Does anyone know what is or happening?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I always quite like watching the end of season awards, but there seems to be nothing about them this year. With probably Alexis and Moises off to pastures new , and our players flying off for a break all over the world, it seems time to have them with any players attending is very short.

Does anyone know what is or happening?
Time isn't short - time has gone. Players will already be scattering around the world for some well-deserved downtime.

There was another thread on this recently, here - https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/awards-night.401100/#post-10656869 - as I posted there, my best guess is that the club knew we had a few fixtures that were going to be scheduled midweek in the closing weeks of the season, and that's when end of season events take place. That made planning and scheduling difficult if not impossible.

It does seem strange there hasn't been any POTS vote though...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It does seem strange there hasn't been any POTS vote though...

Indeed. That said on the car home we discussed who would be our player of the season, young player of the season (under 21) and most improved player of the season.

Very difficult choices indeed. Almost need polls of their own I suspect which if it wasn't Tuesday and back to work I'd consider starting!

POTS could justifiably be 6 or 7 individuals I think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Indeed. That said on the car home we discussed who would be our player of the season, young player of the season (under 21) and most improved player of the season.

Very difficult choices indeed. Almost need polls of their own I suspect which if it wasn't Tuesday and back to work I'd consider starting!

You've got 11 minutes to get your vote in:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Radio Sussex reported that its now going to be pre-season and looks like the rumour of August 1st.
I think it was originally intended to be last week pre- Villa but the relatively last minute scheduling of City match put paid to that.
As @Bozza said i'm surprised there's not been some votes yet . Perhaps a end of season montage is also imminent as that is also normally scheduled/played first at the dinner.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Basically the City game put any possible date out of reach. Players are now ‘released’ so it’d look poor to have many not in attendance.

Not sure I agree with anything in August either if we lose a couple of key players

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Basically the City game put any possible date out of reach. Players are now ‘released’ so it’d look poor to have many not in attendance.

Not sure I agree with anything in August either if we lose a couple of key players
Agreed - the ship has sailed.

What would a season "review" be without Ali Mac, Caicedo and, maybe, others for a variety of reasons? We'll have new players then too - would they come along or not?

It's not the club's fault - circumstances conspired against them this season. I guess there may be an obligation, or it may be felt like there's an obligation, to key sponsors and partners - and that could mean something slightly awkward-looking is arranged.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Is there a NSC poll for our votes in bold?

Mine would probably be

1. Alexis for POTS (or Dunk if Alexis excluded by virtue of him leaving)
2. Ferguson for YPOTS
3. Solly for MIPOTS

but so many could fit the bill this season!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is there a NSC poll for our votes in bold?

Mine would probably be

1. Alexis for POTS (or Dunk if Alexis excluded by virtue of him leaving)
2. Ferguson for YPOTS
3. Solly for MIPOTS

but so many could fit the bill this season!
2. nailed on.

I still can't decide on 1.

Steele for 3.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think player of the season should be a straight fight between Moises Caicedo and Alexis Mac Allister, those two are crazy but Moises shades it for me.

Enciso vs Ferguson for young player of the year but I feel like Enciso should get it because his adaptation to this country and our football and the impact he's made on the team are extraordinary for such a young man. Ferguson is a man trapped in a teenager's body, he can win YPOTS next year instead.

Solly March for most improved player, just edging out Jason Steele.

Adam Webster for the biggest drop in form award, behind JPVH now for me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My PoTS is Gross, very closely followed by March, Estupinian, Caicedo, MacAllister and Dunk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here