Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open? - yes it will!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you can be bothered with a further PB email, respectfully (let’s keep these channels of communication polite) draw his attention to the scheme Liverpool have trialled this season.
https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tkt-how-will-the-friends-and-family-function-work

In essence, prior to the season starting season ticket holders can each register up to 20 family members or friends, who don’t have to be members who simply have a ticket transferred to them for a match. Seemingly at no charge to anyone.

Worth PB having a close look at imho.

Even if the club make a variation on that eg 5 people and/or all must be members.

This would solve a multitude of the complaints on nsc eg parents sharing a ST between kids, someone who let’s a mate have his ticket when away, someone who shares his family’s other ST between various friends.

The overriding benefit to everyone is a genuinely packed stadium.

[None of this affects me, hence why I won’t be firing off the email].

Oh it was respectful - it I’m not going there again. Didn’t like his tone at the end and couldn’t be arsed as weren’t going to see eye to eye on it. But you could do it… ;)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The ticketing is a shambles this season. I’ve had various emails with PB and he’s simply not having that they’ve got it wrong. He’s said they don’t listen to social media as it’s not a rounded view when I linked a thread here. He’s suggested I think I know better than experienced people working for the club. He’s said thousands have decided paying the £20 is worth it. Basically won’t have it - it’s not paying the £20 as such (Altho pointless if you only miss one or two games a season) - it’s more the £25 membership the other person would have to pay. It’s a total shambles and shit loads of people hate it - many, like me, purely because they wish to take the odd friend for a seat they’ve paid for but mainly because we hate seeing empty ****ing seats. It’s about time everyone on here got together and made some sort of petition really - there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to click a button and reallocate your seat to someone else - even if they need to register a fa man number - ticket emailed to them - simple.

Another thing he said when I pointed out very few clubs charge to pass on - even Spurs have a free to pass on system - they have that ‘built into their season ticket fee’. Which is obviously just nonsense - you can build anything into an overall fee. I don’t buy the price freeze stuff (they’ve gone up over 25% in 10 years - most people’s wages haven’t’ or the free travel stuff - as not everyone uses it.

They need to listen to the fans and hold their hands up to this and let everyone pass on their tickets for free to trusted friends as we always did. And the club always said they’d turn a blind eye as technically apparently it’s ‘Illegal’ (another joke given tickets for anything are and always will be passed on).

I like PB but he does seem to sometimes just be good at arguing and continuing conversations with waffle and passive aggressive emails - certainly with this one.

Worth doing an online petition or lots of emails to the club organised on here or not? Depends who feels that bothered about empty seats I guess.
Agree 100% Share scheme is great for people that want to share cost of ST or miss loads of games but a farce for those missing 1/2 games. I have over years treated several people to a one off game when one of our group could not go and to be honest is one of pleasures in having a ST. I know PB thinks they should show commitment to Albion and spend £25 on a membership but can assure him many out there who although having an interest in Albion could not justify this spend
I get the impression PB never considers he is wrong but he is with this. If I ever miss a game I dont know a member that doesnt have a ST so would have no option but to leave seat empty.
As I said on another post although Albion is a business I think they should give more consideration as to what ST holders want rather than trying to get last £s from them.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Same here. Father-in-Law has managed to get away on holiday for the first time in 2 years so I've a spare seat. He comes to every game with me, so this is a rare (maybe once or twice a season) time he can't make it.

All the faff of getting someone to fart about registering as a MyAlbion, plus the fee and all the transfer faff really doesn't make it worth it. Listing on the exchange so far has yielded zero results, so the seat will most likely be empty. That's a pre-match pint, a half time pie and pint, and an extra voice cheering the lads on... gone. Lost revenue for the club and an embarrassing 'empty' which I could easily have filled if it had just been a case of printing a paper ticket and giving it to my Son, Daughter, Wife or friend.

This club gets a lot right and makes me proud on many occasion. On this, I think they've got it wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Spot checks …..proof of vax or LFT within 48 hours of game and ID…I had a spot check last game

Where is this posted? I couldn’t see anything on the club website.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Same here. Father-in-Law has managed to get away on holiday for the first time in 2 years so I've a spare seat. He comes to every game with me, so this is a rare (maybe once or twice a season) time he can't make it.

All the faff of getting someone to fart about registering as a MyAlbion, plus the fee and all the transfer faff really doesn't make it worth it. Listing on the exchange so far has yielded zero results, so the seat will most likely be empty. That's a pre-match pint, a half time pie and pint, and an extra voice cheering the lads on... gone. Lost revenue for the club and an embarrassing 'empty' which I could easily have filled if it had just been a case of printing a paper ticket and giving it to my Son, Daughter, Wife or friend.

This club gets a lot right and makes me proud on many occasion. On this, I think they've got it wrong.

But when I linked a similar thread in the email I got a swift reply basically saying the forum doesn’t give a proper view etc - yet I’ve spoke to dozens of fans who don’t post on here who feel the same. The thread clearly wasn’t read by him… I agree completely with your last sentence too - very rarely do I criticise the club. So what do we do as a group of supporters who think it’s a silly pointless rule that breeds empty seats - lump it or take some action and be heard? Suggestions welcome for those that want to take a stand…

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
In fairness, I don’t think your frustration should be aimed solely at the club on this one but also at fellow STHs who share tickets across families / groups plus STHs who only want the ST benefits for a handful of games then effectively sub- let their ST for all the other matches. These are the practices I believe the club wish to prevent as basically it is taking the piss and (up until this season) part of the reason for the huge ST waiting list.

I think the salient point here is what you have put in brackets " up until this season "
This is the argument i have made on some other threads that covid etc plus all the xtra new seats plus the new charges for sharing created a perfect storm i.e. more availability - less demand . In turn causing the exchange not to open and leading in part to all the empty seats seen around the ground in the first home games .
It will certainly be interesting to see whether the exchange opening even at this late hour has some effect even if it lets in some arsenal fans in home areas as has already been mentioned .
For what its worth i personally do think that the club has got some aspects of this wrong but certainly NOT expecting them to say so ! I think that they too will have been surprised at the lack of attendance and will be working on some revisions as we write ( at least i hope so ) .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think the salient point here is what you have put in brackets " up until this season "
This is the argument i have made on some other threads that covid etc plus all the xtra new seats plus the new charges for sharing created a perfect storm i.e. more availability - less demand . In turn causing the exchange not to open and leading in part to all the empty seats seen around the ground in the first home games .
It will certainly be interesting to see whether the exchange opening even at this late hour has some effect even if it lets in some arsenal fans in home areas as has already been mentioned .
For what its worth i personally do think that the club has got some aspects of this wrong but certainly NOT expecting them to say so ! I think that they too will have been surprised at the lack of attendance and will be working on some revisions as we write ( at least i hope so ) .

Yes. This weekend will be atypical owing to fuel problems, weather issues, late Saturday kick off and game live on tv.

But I guess what this season’s level of no shows has highlighted to them, to an extent, is just how many non-STHs were previously occupying ST- designated seats. I know this is something that some STHs regard as an unofficial perk, but doubt if club see it that way. Not surprised this is something they wish to address.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Where is this posted? I couldn’t see anything on the club website.

On the club website, click on the "2021/22 Matchday Info" link:-

12345.jpg

Then click on the "Covid status checks" link:-

123456.jpg

That then brings up the Arsenal Pre-match brief page - Pre-match brief: Albion v Arsenal

Covid check requirements are detailed in the first few paragraphs and there is a link to the (updated) Important advice for anyone attending the Amex this season page.

It would seem that now
EU Digital COVID Certificates and US State certificates showing a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccination should count as sufficient COVID-status certification.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the club website, click on the "2021/22 Matchday Info" link:-

View attachment 140964

Then click on the "Covid status checks" link:-

View attachment 140965

That then brings up the Arsenal Pre-match brief page - Pre-match brief: Albion v Arsenal

Covid check requirements are detailed in the first few paragraphs and there is a link to the (updated) Important advice for anyone attending the Amex this season page.

It would seem that now

Many thanks for this...and good news they are finally accepting non-NHS vaccine certificates.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Yes. This weekend will be atypical owing to fuel problems, weather issues, late Saturday kick off and game live on tv.

But I guess what this season’s level of no shows has highlighted to them, to an extent, is just how many non-STHs were previously occupying ST- designated seats. I know this is something that some STHs regard as an unofficial perk, but doubt if club see it that way. Not surprised this is something they wish to address.

Very much agree with trying to stop abuse of STs but honestly feel that someone who attends all but 1 or 2 games in a season who rather than let his/her seat be empty passed it on to a trusted friend or family member for no charge should not be included in this ! I know you can point out the rules etc and they will be on your side but really feel that the club could have somehow accommodated this without resorting to the 20 pound charge AND the 25 pound members fee .
I consider this a sledgehammer / nut situation especially this season now the waiting list has gone !
I know you will in all probability not agree with this view and i respect that but would ask you to consider whether it is worth the club antagonising a lot of their fan base to prove a point , especially as no one is sure how many seriously bad ST abusers there were

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This ir simply ridiculous - an absolute farce.

I have two seat I can't use tomorrow, and I'm not aware of anyone who could use them. Almost everyone I know, who has an interest in football, are already Albion season ticket holders. Which is lovely, obviously - I keep good company.

But if I could find someone who was interested, I'd have to pay £40, and they'd have to pay £50 (or something similar), in order for them to use my tickets. That's a tough sell to anyone.

(I didn't expect to miss a game this season which is why I didn't pay the 2 * £20 up front, but circumstances change)

I want these seats to be used. By ****ing anyone. I don't want anything back for that - I'd just like two prime front row WSU tickets to be enjoyed when Brighton, flying high, take on Arsenal.

I'd happily donate them to some sort of charity or community organisation that worked to allow those who can't afford to go to a Premier League football game, get to go to a Premier League football game. How great would that be?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd happily donate them to some sort of charity or community organisation that worked to allow those who can't afford to go to a Premier League football game, get to go to a Premier League football game. How great would that be?

Good call. I'd like that option. If the exchange seat doesn't sell by 24 hours before kick off you can choose to give it to someone who wouldn't be able to afford it. I'd rather that than it be empty. If the person next to me was genuinely skint, I'd buy him or her a half time pint too!

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Good call. I'd like that option. If the exchange seat doesn't sell by 24 hours before kick off you can choose to give it to someone who wouldn't be able to afford it. I'd rather that than it be empty. If the person next to me was genuinely skint, I'd buy him or her a half time pint too!

A long shot but I just landed in UK last night from NY. Is there anyway - and if so how? for me to Get a ticket for the game tomorrow? Thanks in advance. It was a last minute trip and fantastic if there is a way to attend.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
A long shot but I just landed in UK last night from NY. Is there anyway - and if so how? for me to Get a ticket for the game tomorrow? Thanks in advance. It was a last minute trip and fantastic if there is a way to attend.
You just need a season ticket holder to buy you a guest ticket on the website. I'm sure someone on here can help.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Oh it was respectful - it I’m not going there again. Didn’t like his tone at the end and couldn’t be arsed as weren’t going to see eye to eye on it. But you could do it… ;)

Barbers tone being questioned? On nsc? I don't believe it!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Agree 100% Share scheme is great for people that want to share cost of ST or miss loads of games but a farce for those missing 1/2 games. I have over years treated several people to a one off game when one of our group could not go and to be honest is one of pleasures in having a ST. I know PB thinks they should show commitment to Albion and spend £25 on a membership but can assure him many out there who although having an interest in Albion could not justify this spend
I get the impression PB never considers he is wrong but he is with this. If I ever miss a game I dont know a member that doesnt have a ST so would have no option but to leave seat empty.
As I said on another post although Albion is a business I think they should give more consideration as to what ST holders want rather than trying to get last £s from them.

PB is never wrong. Never. Quite incredible really.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

One day we'll have no excuses for loads of no shows. Summer hols first two games. Bike ride/uni drop off/rail replacement v Leicester. Potential weather disruption/fuel crises/late ko on telly today.

All whilst most other PL teams (bar a few such as Palace who couldn't sell out against their main rivals the other night) are full to the brim no matter what's going on or when ko is.

When it continues when there finally aren't any excuses for it, then hopefully the club will wake up and realise the policy is shyte and not working. For a start, the exchange only opening the evening before the game once there are next to no seats left when there's only been singles for weeks is utterly ridiculous, imo like.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If you’ve already got a fan number from previous years then just log onto the ticket section of the club site.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm glad more people are waking up to this ridiculous ticketing policy this year. Paper tickets all round next season?

I could have potentially made tonight but the whole charade of finding an ST holder that wasn't going, who had paid the 20 quid all the while the exchange was closed earlier this week made me abandon the idea instead. I'm not sure my lad is fully on board with the revised plan of going to see Northampton v Sutton and then watching our game on the telly but there we are.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

Love this idea. 5.30 kick off means I'll probably have to miss the Man City game. If that's the case I'd jump at the chance to donate my seat to a charitable cause the club supported too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here