Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the fans support be the difference between success and failure this season?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Another tediuous attempt to slag off Albion fans from the OP, yawn!

In answer to his question no, the fans support will not be the difference between success and failure. If it were down to that than Galatasary and Fenerbache and Panathaikos etc would win the champions league every year. it will be down to the players and officials.

That said the Boro atmosphere was astounding on saturday and the best i have experienced by an absolute mile. It's been sad to read the bitterness on here over the last 24 hours as the Boro fans we met after game could not have been more gracious in victory (well draw anyway), really nice people.
If the Boro fans are so nice then why are 95% of them patronising goons on here who can't wait to gloat or pat us on the head ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems all my negative dribble turns into main stream views after about 4 years,been to 8 games over the past two seasons and had a southern counties game to attend Saturday,i am a Brighton fan but not a lover of modern football and the money involved so happy to pick my games when mates rates applies.The amex seems to have more fans interested in how much beer/food they can stuff down and how early they can leave each game! I have suggested well meant views on whats wrong and how to improve certain things,having said that the current board are doing a fantastic job with so many things but that does not mean a few things could not be improved,pretending all aspects are wonderful won't help tbo.:moo:
Which ever way this season pans out its been a fantastic season lets hope it has the dream end:clap:

Your club needs you! Get behind the lads over the next few games:clap2:

Whilst there may certainly be an interesting debate to be had about how the Amex atmosphere can be improved (because there is always room for improvement) there are ways of going about that discussion.

Your trademark snidey sniping at the club and the fans is not the way to do it on NSC - not at the moment. I will have absolutely no hesitation in stopping you posting for as long as is required if you continue. The same applies to a few other well known posters who like to post in a similar vein.

When a lot of Albion fans are feeling short-changed by events in Middlesbrough, and we have queue of Boro, Burnley and Palace fans lining up to take cheap shots, we could do without someone who is supposedly one of our own doing the same. Please stop.

owl

Banned
May 8, 2016
Not too mention we were only playing in a ramshackle municpal athletics track before the Amex. Seriously if you are going to troll at least be vaguely intelligent about it.

its fact though, success will always bring fans back or create new ones

i am old enough to remember when Chelsea never used to get more than 10k

SWFC have always maintained a good following even when we was at our lowest, but guess what were on our way back ;)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If the Boro fans are so nice then why are 95% of them patronising goons on here ?

Because the internet attacts goons. The actual REAL people I spoke to were perfectly nice.

I'm not going to tar them all with the same brush just because a few keyboard warriors have lost the use of their eyesight in failing to see that Stephens tackle wasn't even a foul let alone a sending off.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same as the 16k Albion fans who returned to support you after moving to the Amex, a whiff of success does that.

Our support has been relatively constant for the last 5 years - good seasons and bad seasons. Our support doesn't suddenly increase significantly for a play-off fixture.

There seems to be the suggestion that your attendance will be significantly higher than your average on Friday night. We've all been to Hillsborough and seen the swathes of empty seats.

2015/16
BHAFC - 25,583
SWFC - 22,641

2014/15
BHAFC - 25,649
SWFC 21,997

2013/14
BHAFC - 27,110
SWFC - 21,273

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not really but you keep thinking that.

A quick check on your official website
Att 18706 in Sept against Fulham
Att 19252 in Dec against Derby
Att 19529 in Dec against Wolves

That's just for starters and remember those teams are nearer to you than us, so you can't blame fewer away fans.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
why as this turned into a attendance debate ?

I wasn't turning it into an attendance debate. You said: "friday you will see the 12th man and how it can lift the players ;)"

Having visited Hillsborough and seen the tumbleweeds blow through the stands, I was just curious why you expected the loud following you were suggesting you'd have. I understand now, as you've said that a lot of people are now coming because you are doing well. Thanks for helping me understand.

owl

Banned
May 8, 2016
I wasn't turning it into an attendance debate. You said: "friday you will see the 12th man and how it can lift the players ;)"

Having visited Hillsborough and seen the tumbleweeds blow through the stands, I was just curious why you expected the loud following you were suggesting you'd have. I understand now, as you've said that a lot of people are now coming because you are doing well. Thanks for helping me understand.

which i very similar to yourselves , where was you when you was shit ha ha and your very welcome :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here