Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the crowd be patient tomorrow?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t remember the keepers last Season standing still with the ball for 5 to 10 seconds as witnessed in the Bournemouth match and on Thursday
Yes they did. Absolutely constantly in the Boro away FA Cup 3rd Round game for example

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
All I know is I don’t expect us to play half as well as we did against Liverpool last season. That was probably the best performance I’ve ever seen from a Brighton team. It was also coincidentally one of the worst Liverpool teams I’d seen for years. I expect a different game this season against a revived Liverpool.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
All I know is I don’t expect us to play half as well as we did against Liverpool last season. That was probably the best performance I’ve ever seen from a Brighton team. It was also coincidentally one of the worst Liverpool teams I’d seen for years. I expect a different game this season against a revived Liverpool.
It will be even sweeter when we beat them again then!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now that opponents have a strategy when our keeper has the ball at his feet will the crowd get on the back of the team if Jason/Bart delays passing for 10-20 seconds?

Against Bournemouth The Bloke Behind Me (TBBM) was screaming for it to be ‘launched’ and the North Stand was clearly grumpy too.

Will the reaction be the same against Liverpool?
It basically depends whether you grow a pair and tell that muppet to pipe down or not. So (De Zerbi asks), have you got big balls?

Liverpool are the pressing team par excellence so we need Steele and his matador feet, if RDZ is really going to give them even rotation then I'm surprised Bart didn't start in France who obvs had no interest in pressing

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Has Brighton Lines hacked your account??
No, he was helping while I was taking a rest. This evening could be a long shift on the ref thread. Looks like our @Icy Gull took an early night
:ROFLMAO:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There were a few around me getting frustrated against Bournemouth.

It was more about the lack of options rather than the tactic itself.
The players really didn't seem to know what to do against a team refusing to engage.
Then consistently trying the ball up the middle, that they were waiting for and pounced on time and time again.

The tactic worked. it was frustrating.
Some people vocalised it.

Hopefully de Zerbi has been working on it, because it is going to be the go to tactic for many of the smaller clubs until we beat it.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Liverpool are the pressing team par excellence so we need Steele and his matador feet, if RDZ is really going to give them even rotation then I'm surprised Bart didn't start in France who obvs had no interest in pressing
I think it’s futile trying to predict a RDZ line up this season. We don’t have a Mac Allister or a Caicedo who can take the ball under extreme pressure and keep it, I think it’ll be a different type of game today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For me, the frustration wasn't us taking time, it was the insistence on repeating the same thing that didn't work over and over - ball straight up the middle to ferguson who then got outmuscled and us on the back foot.

Especially since it's been two weeks, and we saw another team doing it. We should be looking at a variety of options. Whether that is playing it short to Dunk/Webster to draw the press, then back to keeper to play forward, or more movement from players upfield to make a long ball option (such as v Marseille where March would run infield, leaving a gap in the channel to play Veltman in - just need a better ball/better control for that one)
In fairness, pleased with our approach. Looked initially like Liverpool were standing off, so Gross dropped back giving another option, and we used Dunk, Igor and Gross. Looks like we have been working on an approach for when they stand off. Or perhaps I'm misreading and Liverpool weren't as patient as I took them to be.

Jimmy Grimble

In fairness, pleased with our approach. Looked initially like Liverpool were standing off, so Gross dropped back giving another option, and we used Dunk, Igor and Gross. Looks like we have been working on an approach for when they stand off. Or perhaps I'm misreading and Liverpool weren't as patient as I took them to be.
Bit of both. Gross was doing the same second half against Marseille. Liverpool pressed more than either Marseille or Bournemouth did though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here