Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will slade do the decent thing and resign on Saturday, when we lose.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we lose today I think Slade's position is untenable. I am suprised he is still here to be honest but this really is his last chance saloon today. If the players can be arsed they owe him one today.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I just had a great idea!

Usually, when a manager is sacked, the team respond to a new manager and results improve for a few weeks.

So, let´s sack Slade and that way we should have a good November.

Then at the end of the month we can fire the new manager, thereby ensuring we have a good December.

Then, at the end of December, we can do the same again. This way we can ensure our rise up through the divisions to our rightful place as the greatest team in the world.

You've posted this "solution" before. Didn't history teach you that?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If we lose today I think Slade's position is untenable. I am suprised he is still here to be honest but this really is his last chance saloon today. If the players can be arsed they owe him one today.

I think that's an accurate summation. But would a draw be good enough to save him? I think so.

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
I have a great idea - lets wait and see what the result is today huh. No point getting depressed before 3pm!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think if we lose today, Mr Slade will not manager by Monday morning. Whether he walks or gets the old heave-ho I don't know, but I think he will be gone.

Personally not sure how a good a thing that will be, but that's what I think will happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand the doom and gloom about November. On paper we stand to get nil points but we are not playing on paper and I think that we will suprise people and pick up some points, with or without RS.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So yet more predictable drama & drivel from our bushy-tailed chum, eh?

Smashing. :rolleyes:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I rarely call for a managers head - but I can not see any other solution if we lose today. The team has had long enough to gel - Slade has had money to spend. It would not surprise me if other managers are being 'sounded out'. The axe will fall when a target agrees to come. The only thing that could save Slade is a really good run e.g. 5 wins out of 7, with the fixtures coming up he is doomed. If a new man comes in it would make sense to have him in place by the start of december when the transfer window opens.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh you cheeky monkey, it is called a democracy, and free speech.

Clearly your idea of 'Free Speech' is to whine and moan repetitively without the slightest bit of imagination, I bet your friends (if you actually have any) love you.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Ermmm...

Well I know I've read it on here before, and to be honest having supported a club which went through about 5 managers in 6 months once, it isn't a joke when it happens.

My view is you should stick to Slade whatever, or at least until Xmas, you'll have a hard job convincing any replacement now that he's got any kind of job-security.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Christmas is too late for a change if one is to happen. The latest time should be early December so that the new man can assess the squad prior to the January transfer window.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
i think (not that often i grant you) that whilst russell is the manager of the team we all support then prehaps just for one moment we could actually get behind the team and manager and support them ,because all you are doing by posting so much sack this resign that is not doing the team or the management any good,and the result will be that we do get relegated because we dont want to support we just want to badger the management of the club and the players. Yes i know we want to see entertainig football and we do want to see us winning but lets allow the team ,management and board to get on with the job in hand.We are the twelvth man so to speak lets support the team you never know it might result in us winning

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Christmas is too late for a change if one is to happen. The latest time should be early December so that the new man can assess the squad prior to the January transfer window.

For once one of these threads as somebody posting something sensible, we ll done :bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that TB will have made his mind up within the next 24 hours as to his course of action. I cannot believe that he will allow another month to just drift by without any points and will want to have established some form of criteria for the rest of the season. He will either decide enough is enough and make a change or possibly believe, unlike the majority on here, myself included, that RS is the way forward for the rest of this season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well here we go again, another looming defeat, and more excuses from slade.

PLEASE do the decent thing on Saturday slade and resign, this season is over, but someone could save bha from relegation if you leave now.

sldae out and now!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

what a joke you are if you believe that we will be relegated if we lose against Hartlepool, the season is over 46 games not 15, there is plenty of time and plenty to suggest that Slade can turn this around and we can climb the table.

please go and find another team or better still another sport you know nothing about that you can moan and whinge about to your hearts content, because you are getting really boring now

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
i think (not that often i grant you) that whilst russell is the manager of the team we all support then prehaps just for one moment we could actually get behind the team and manager and support them ,because all you are doing by posting so much sack this resign that is not doing the team or the management any good,and the result will be that we do get relegated because we dont want to support we just want to badger the management of the club and the players. Yes i know we want to see entertainig football and we do want to see us winning but lets allow the team ,management and board to get on with the job in hand.We are the twelvth man so to speak lets support the team you never know it might result in us winning

Too right, it worked last season when we were looking in trouble, but some started last season in the old lets moan about everything and demand everyone be sacked again mentality, that moaning and whinging has never worked, why do they think it will now?

When was the last time anyone heard the fans trying to encourage the team on when not performing too well (eg singing come on Brighton, come on) or chanting the name of one of our players in support etc. we used to get a good atmosphere with songs about the players like Zamora, Hart and co, but do any of the recently aquired players even have a song? Dickinson? Crofts? Bennett? etc, etc.

Try getting behind the team again everyone and things will improve :ascarf:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
what a joke you are if you believe that we will be relegated if we lose against Hartlepool, the season is over 46 games not 15, there is plenty of time and plenty to suggest that Slade can turn this around and we can climb the table.

please go and find another team or better still another sport you know nothing about that you can moan and whinge about to your hearts content, because you are getting really boring now

There seems to be a trend on NSC that pro Slade opinions are more valid than anti Slade opinions. Both are just as valid.

Slade did well to keep us up last season no doubt. His record was however mid table as we had an awful start under him.

14 games
6 wins
2 draws
6 defeats
20 points

This season has been an umitigated disaster. He has had £ 1 500 000 to spend and the jury is out on most of the signing is the kindest thing to say. We also have a high wage bill. On money paid and wages we should be a force and in the top 8 in the division.

We have won 3 drawn 4 and lost 9 so his overall record is

30 games
9 wins
6 draws
15 defeats
28 games - 33 points - league games

We have a 50% loss ratio under him.

He appears to be a firefighter. He kept us up but I do not believe he has it to take us forward or get us promoted. Most people would be over the Moon to get mid table with Slade this season. To turn that into automatic promotion next season when we need to win 25 games and get 85-90 points is a long way off. I just cannot see Slade ever doing that.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
There seems to be a trend on NSC that pro Slade opinions are more valid than anti Slade opinions. Both are just as valid.

Slade did well to keep us up last season no doubt. His record was however mid table as we had an awful start under him.

14 games
6 wins
2 draws
6 defeats
20 points

This season has been an umitigated disaster. He has had £ 1 500 000 to spend and the jury is out on most of the signing is the kindest thing to say. We also have a high wage bill. On money paid and wages we should be a force and in the top 8 in the division.

We have won 3 drawn 4 and lost 9 so his overall record is

30 games
9 wins
6 draws
15 defeats
28 games - 33 points - league games

We have a 50% loss ratio under him.

He appears to be a firefighter. He kept us up but I do not believe he has it to take us forward or get us promoted. Most people would be over the Moon to get mid table with Slade this season. To turn that into automatic promotion next season when we need to win 25 games and get 85-90 points is a long way off. I just cannot see Slade ever doing that.

I usually see you as incredibly negative - but on this occasion I have to agree. It is a shame as I believed that Slade would take us forward this year and we would finally have stability.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
30 games
9 wins (30%)
6 draws (20%)
15 defeats (50%)
28 games - 33 points - league games.

Compare that to Adams' record last season of:

40 games
12 wins (30%)
12 draws (30%)
16 defeats (40%)
29 games - 28 points In the league.

Same win ratio, similar number of league games played, similar number of points accumulated.

After 28 League games Adams was sacked.
After 30 League games Slade........?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here