Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will / should Hodgson resign if we go out in the Group phase?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Year in year out, the finger pointing. It's Gerrard, it's Rooney, it's the manger, the tactics.

It's not. It's having the the fuc***g quality to perform when it matters, and we can't do it. Bottle jobs and have been for many a generation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Club manager yes. International class no.
Club players yes. International class players no.

What does it matter who managers?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rooney wasn't shit at all tonight. He actually looked international class. Sturridge did alright. Henderson was adequate. Cahill had some good moments (but you'd question both centre halves' communication for the goals). Sterling- wasn't really his night.

The bad- Glenn Johnson is just ridiculous at this standard. Didn't really think Baines had a great couple of games either. And Gerrard was dire tonight (I said that long before the winning goal). Totally nullified by bog standard pressing from Uruguay, and I didn't really see him playing much of a captain's role either. Seems a bit kneejerk to wonder if he's past it at international level so soon after one game, but he's well into his thirties now, & I can't help thinking his time has perhaps come.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Doesn't matter if he stays or goes or whatever, England are never going to be successful, whoever's in charge!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Not sure he could have done much else with the players available. I would keep him and let him rebuild with some youngsters for the euros rather than keep changing.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Shouldn't whether or not a manager or player be dismissed depend on whether or not there is someone available and willing to take the job and be better at it than the current incumbent.

On that basis the real question is whether or not there is someone who could do the job better and who are they? I can't think of anyone I could say with confidence would be better so on that basis I'd say no, keep Hodgson.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Rooney wasn't shit at all tonight. He actually looked international class. Sturridge did alright. Henderson was adequate. Cahill had some good moments (but you'd question both centre halves' communication for the goals). Sterling- wasn't really his night.

The bad- Glenn Johnson is just ridiculous at this standard. Didn't really think Baines had a great couple of games either. And Gerrard was dire tonight (I said that long before the winning goal). Totally nullified by bog standard pressing from Uruguay, and I didn't really see him playing much of a captain's role either. Seems a bit kneejerk to wonder if he's past it at international level so soon after one game, but he's well into his thirties now, & I can't help thinking his time has perhaps come.

Like I said a few minutes ago. It's always a finger pointing exercise.

We just do not possess the technical ability or guts to perform when it matters.

It's always he done this or didn't do that yet every World Cup we show the same failure. Performance.

You can talk tactics, formation and selection all you like but we lack one thing.............and that's to step to the plate when it matters. Simple as that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We've been changing manager for years since 1966. About 13-15, I guess.

And what do we have to show for it. Three semi-finals, one of which was on home soil, another one of which was fortunate.

I think Hodgson will stay, and would be disappointed if he didn't. He seems to have the trust of the players, which is important in a team at the stage it is at.

Also, the Euro 2016 draw is pretty friendly to us. Which is a bonus in the present circumstance.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We lack the technical ability and footballing intelligence to mix it at the top international level.

Changing the manager means nothing, until we have more top level coaches and better facilities at ALL levels we will continue to be a second tier international team.

I think we played better than 2010 but came up against better opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here