Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Saturday Be Our Day Of Absolution?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fully expecting a defeat but at least I hope the team gives it a better go.

Not sure De Zerbi really gets how much this one means to the fans.
He absolutely gets how much it means to this fan.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I am expecting another not turning up lacklustre performance and at least a two goal deficit. We were so so bad last night under the press, passing was awful and what chances we did have we fluffed completely. Throw in some uninspired defending and keeping too.

Finding it hard to get even a little enthusiastic.

But, this is the Albion so literally anything can happen including a masterclass and a long overdue stuffing of them up the road.

Can’t help feeling, for whatever reason, that the enthusiasm and touchline involvement that RDZ had last season and earlier this season, has disappeared recently. Does not look like he is as motivated as he used to be and his touchline demeanour is of someone who is not loving what he’s doing at the moment :shrug:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Haha starting to see a gradual cooling towards RDZ on this board after his 15 month honeymoon.

Albeit said with empathy:
- the injuries.
- club's failure to sign decent FB's last summer, pointed out by countless nsc posters last summer.
- ditto ... a quality DM, pointed out by many.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Haha starting to see a gradual cooling towards RDZ on this board after his 15 month honeymoon.
You do love a fishing trip.

Nothing wrong with the coach who's been sent to a knife fight with a sausage. Four competitions this season, three of them with an outside chance of success in and we have a worse squad than last season.

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
I don’t know what to make of this one. We could stuff them, a la SheffU, say 4-1, or carry on as against Luton and lose 0-3, or do our usual and draw 0-0 or 1-1. Who knows? We are as unpredictable as ever. (Could say I’m hedging my bets!)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Saturday is the best game to bounce back after last night's horror show. De Zerbi doesn't seem his usual passionate self at moment but last night probably shocked him! If the lads don't get fired up for Saturday to put things right then there is something wrong.

As long as we don’t have a convincing win and RDZ’s post match interview suggests that “now would be a good time to leave” :lolol:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Surprised that Skybet have us at 8/13, Palace 17/4 with draw at 3/1.

Were we bad last night or Luton good, if you believe Luton good may be worth a punt at 6/1 on them beating Newcastle.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Will the Albion team with the attitude that played against Spurs turn up or the one against Wolves ? Home games are a lottery but I don't think we will lose.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If we beat Palace well, then getting stuffed by Luton becomes a distant memory.

But we have to beat Palace. A decent performing draw will do nothing.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We need a reaction and will get one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here