Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will RDZ be Brighton manager first game of the 24/25 season?

Will RDZ be Brighton manager first game of the 24/25 season

• Yes

Votes: 89 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 159 64.1%

• Total voters

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Tony" s philosophy is not as rigid as you think.
Unusually Tony is not prepared to back a manager that seems capable of taking us to a higher level.

He has settled for top 10.
That's fair enough.

But it pushes the onus back to a passionate manager.

I understand it.
But I think it's the wrong play.
So, you think Tony Bloom has no ambition? Really?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So, you think Tony Bloom has no ambition? Really?
No i think he has a pragmatic ambition.

I just don't think it's aligned with the manager's ambition.

This is not a criticism of Tony.
He is almost certainly correct.

But if it was my money......
I would have bet it all on RDZ taking us to the champions league.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No i think he has a pragmatic ambition.

I just don't think it's aligned with the manager's ambition.

This is not a criticism of Tony.
He is almost certainly correct.

But if it was my money......
I would have bet it all on RDZ taking us to the champions league.
……but we could do that and still see him leave…..

theboybilly

I don't think a 'big job' would be his only reason for leaving. He's passionate, and I think he'll go when he feels like it.

I'm also passionate about as not getting absolutely spanked 4 - 0 by Luton Town again, so don't really care if he's here next season or not.

This club is bigger than RDZ.
Have you not enjoyed the majority of the last 16 or so months?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s definitely not lack of ambition - both summer and January we seemingly had £30M-ish bids in for attacking midfielders / playmakers but seemingly we couldn’t get the players.

In fact I’d go as far as saying RDZ saying he wants 2 or 3 players in press conferences perhaps even weakened the clubs negotiating position.
The attempts at the bigger first team targets seem all a bit of a side show we go through it every window without any success. Pedro will be off in the summer for over £100m and we will be scratching around again for a bargain.
Some team we would have had with Kudus and KDH as options. Probably top 6 again banking another £150m

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Precisely….we dropped out when the price didn’t fit our valuation :shrug:
Yeah i understand that.
But that leaves us competing on 3 fronts with the gap in the squad that everyone acknowledges as holding us back.

KDH is not worth 40m
RDZ is.

The valuation is only half of the equation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brighton fans are a curious bunch. Reading this and many other social media platforms, there seems to be this almost glee that RDZ will be going. We have seen unprecedented criticism of games recently, and people conveniently forget that we have Enciso, Fati, mitoma, adringa, march, all unavailable who would totally change our attacking options.

But no, it’s all RDZ’s fault and we are shit and we hope he will feck off back to Italy ….and what makes it more hilarious is that people are suggesting that Lallana/ Milner is the dream ticket

Sometimes you get what you deserve

Off to the bar for a beer another chat with a couple of Birmingham and Sunderland fans about their plight. Now they have real issues

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think he'll be off. Similar to the quote above there was something said either by him or one of his coaching team around the time he joined about how he has a 2 year shelf life before his intensity is too much, probably for him as much as anyone else.
If it's just about the players, then perhaps our 'ship out half the team, bring in some youngsters every year' approach reduces the impact of this.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There are twenty jobs available as a manager in the PL you don’t walk away from that unless you are a fecking idiot or offered a sublime job. It goes back to Potters attempt at Chelsea you aren’t getting away with 3 wins in 16 at any top club. He’s not stupid he will sign a new deal in the summer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I also think there's a chance RDZ does himself no favors if he walks out of the job potentially because he didn't get his own way (if you believe the hype/comments etc).

But if he DOES leave, then I can't wait to see who his replacement will be :albion2:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
With Fati, Mitoma and Adingra returning from injury, we could still do a “West Ham” in Europe with a top ten finish in the league. If we get knocked out of both cups and finish mid table then RDZ won’t be here. Hopefully we’ll all be feeling a bit more positive this evening when we’ve thrashed Palace.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
With Fati, Mitoma and Adingra returning from injury, we could still do a “West Ham” in Europe with a top ten finish in the league. If we get knocked out of both cups and finish mid table then RDZ won’t be here. Hopefully we’ll all be feeling a bit more positive this evening when we’ve thrashed Palace.
I love the notion that if RDZ fails, he will walk out on us ? 😂

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I love the notion that if RDZ fails, he will walk out on us ? 😂
Players come back, our form improves, we reach a cup final, everyone is happy. If the season ends badly then I think he’ll be gone, but I didn’t say that he would necessarily walk out on us. I just said I don’t think he would be here. A lot depends how he reacts when he next sets us up and we lose by 3 or 4 goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here