Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pulis keep Palace in the Premier League

How likely is it that Pulis will keep Palace up?

• As likely as you finding a heap of rocking horse shit outside your front door tomorrow

Votes: 67 37.0%
  • Quite Unlikely, but just possible the pikey scum will stay up

Votes: 78 43.1%
  • Quite likely

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • Very likely

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Lose away to Norwich on Saturday and West ham play Fulham so a win for either of them and Palace will be 6 points adrift with poor GD
There next game after Norwich is West Ham so the next two weeks under Pulis will be pivotal, if they went 9 points adrift after those 2 games it's curtains with tougher fixtures coming up in dec of Chelsea, Newcastle, Villa then Man City

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone see the Photo shoot where pullis was holding a palace shirt .....his smile was a grimace and it was obvious to all there that he didn't want to be there!

He is really on to a hiding for nothing there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did anyone see the Photo shoot where pullis was holding a palace shirt .....his smile was a grimace and it was obvious to all there that he didn't want to be there!

He is really on to a hiding for nothing there.

I honestly thought he was trying to tear the shirt in two.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
This quote from Pulis gives me some confidence:

"We need to look at January and certainly will. I know what it takes and hopefully I won't put this football club in the wrong way. They have to be done in the right way."

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I hate his style of play, but Pulis is a quality manager who knows how to create a team greater than the sum of its' parts. With that in mind, I think Palace will stay up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
very likely I'd say.

Any time we seem to have something on Palace they kick on another level. They've been at it for years over us so I'm fully expecting them to shove it down our throats yet again and stay up.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Quite likely - I fear Pulis will drill them into becoming a defensive unit, hard to breakdown and then poach the 'odd' 1-0 win against some of the other struggling teams!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This time last year Villa were on 9pts, Shamton were on 8pts and QPR were on 4pts, but the teams in the relegation zone at the turn of the year were relegated.

Palace play Norwich, West Ham and Cardiff next so these matches will be key.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its a No from me, I just dont think they are good enough.

I really dont care either way though to be honest.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There are several reasons why he might: Sunderland, Fulham, West Ham, Norwich, Cardiff, Hull.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
probably a no for me but if he gets them solid at back and gets Murray back and knocking them in, I can see them potentially being safe. Norwich, Sunderland and Fulham look in free fall, Hull could easily get stuck with too many draws as no goal threat so for me a yes or no clearer once Xmas period over. What I can't understand is Pullis must be the most unsuited manager for Palace as he'll destroy their youth policy instantly and replace it with old pros brought up on long ball and roughing the other side up and with 1-0 being the only aim. Whatever their many faults, not many Palace I know will stand for that as a long term policy.

I am growing fond of him already. He has already publicly stated that Speroni plus 3 of the back four (both centre halves and left back) are not good enough - that's brilliant for team spirit up to the transfer window.

If Palace stay up I will stay off NSC for 6 months !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here