Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Potter succeed at Chelsea?

Will Potter succeed at Chelsea?

• Yes, they will be challenging for PL/CL

Votes: 54 28.4%
  • Sacked within a year

Votes: 92 48.4%
  • Sacked after initial success.

Votes: 44 23.2%

• Total voters

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s so much different to what he’s built here and at other clubs he’s managed, he’s going to be going into a dressing room of egos and world class players, how will he deal with that?

So will he succeed or not? Poll to follow.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
No - he will fail. Because Chelsea fans are the most god-awful, obnoxious bunch of retarded cretins in the whole league
system.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He’ll be in the middle.

He won’t build a Klopp style empire
He won’t win them the league
He won’t win them The Champions League

But

He’ll deal with the players egos better than people expect
They will play good football
He will get the fans onside
They will get in the CL most seasons and continue to get well into the knockout stages
Probably they will win the odd cup
They will close the gap on Man City
The clubs public facing brand will be improved
He’ll be there (contrary to a lot of what I’ve read) for at least a couple of years, I think maybe 3 or 4.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Needs an option for 'Yes, if given time'.

We know he will. If the fans / board can give him some patience.

We don’t know anything though, Chelsea is a much different job to any he’s ever had before.

And Chelsea don’t give managers time, that’s why I didn’t put that in the poll.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Right now, I feel fine - it's made me realise we were a stepping stone for him, much like Swansea and thus it's difficult to feel much emotion either way. He's had a good run and used that as his platform to move on... he clearly had zero emotional commitment to the club, which we'd be fairly naive to expect anyway.

Much like Cucurella I don't really care if he succeeds or fails, he's history... like many others, as is the transient nature of the game and life.

It's made me realise where we are, which is quite sobering ... that hurts a bit, but the man at the centre of it... well, like I say in reality he's shown the same levels of loyalty Poyet did - who turned down the Reading job remember, and is therefore little better as he clearly felt we'd reached our ceiling.

Worked out great for Gus, beware the ides of March - it's tough at the top.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Right now, I feel fine - it's made me realise we were a stepping stone for him, much like Swansea and thus it's difficult to feel much emotion either way. He's had a good run and used that as his platform to move on... he clearly had zero emotional commitment to the club, which we'd be fairly naive to expect anyway.

Much like Cucurella I don't really care if he succeeds or fails, he's history... like many others, as is the transient nature of the game and life.

It's made me realise where we are, which is quite sobering ... that hurts a bit, but the man at the centre of it... well, like I say in reality he's shown the same levels of loyalty Poyet did - who turned down the Reading job remember, and is therefore little better as he clearly felt we'd reached our ceiling.

Worked out great for Gus, beware the ides of March - it's tough at the top.

Gustavo Poyet would have taken the Chelsea manager job 365 days a year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
all depends what success is defined as. winning a cup, top 4 in first season, or is a europe berth enough? probably do OK but not enough for the crowd, if they get run of dodgy results get on his back and test the owners if they're willing to stick with a long term project. if they do every chance he'll be a success and win things there.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Bit of success then sacked, it is the Chelsea way. Potters methods take time and I am not sure he will be given that

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Gustavo Poyet would have taken the Chelsea manager job 365 days a year.

Yet Graham has, seemingly, taken it too... whether he'd only take it on 1 day of the year is irrelevant... he's taken it and done so very quickly, rashly even... I'm sure you're even a little surprised by the speed and willingness to jump ship... I always thought he shared the dream of disrupting the top six with an unfashionable little south coast club... I'm mystified that now we're so close, that this is the moment he chooses to walk away... I can only conclude he feels we've been lucky and will fall away and this is his only chance, which is strange logic for a man with a masters in emotional intelligence - on the face it, considering all the evidence, this isn't the right club (Chelsea) in terms of its recent history... I find it odd, and can only conclude that raw ambition has clouded his judgement, which is the same rashness and impatience Gus displayed during his infamous post Palace debacle TV interview.

Like I say, he's gone... time to move on.

Some great memories and results, he'll be remembered fondly I'm sure... but the club must back itself not to wallow and go one better in terms of the next pivotal appointment.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Depends how you measure success? Length of service? Trophies?

I think he will do well but no one knows what the ownership wants.

Very hard to see anyone seriously challenging Man City for the title. Champions league is wider open.

Question is can they compete before Newcastle inevitably catch Man City first?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here