Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
"Nothing wrong with drums at football, it's just our drums that are rubbish.
I think it was Exeter recently that had a very good drummer and their fans sang without a pause for the last twenty minutes or so. I was particularly impressed with their support and would like to see us even half as good."

So their support thinks Exeter has better support. Blimey and people moan about the atmosphere at the Amex

"i don't claim im good i hate playing the drums i got roped into playing them a couple of years ago coz 1 of the other drummers wasnt at an away game not i can't get out of doing it"

You can't get out of doing it? Why? Will John tell you off? Just stop bashing them constantly you fat retarded prick.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
That thread is hilarious. Puts some of the utter spackfests on here into a bit of perspective.

I think all of the following should be banned from FP:

Mongs
Retards
Fat blokes
Tattoed blokes
Drummers
Anyone not called Keith

then FP would kick arrrrse

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Bedblockers Posted on 05/02/2014 22:04
If you could change one thing about football......

1.Stopping the watch everytime the balls not in play

2.NOT "allowing defenders to obstruct attackers to let the ball run out for a goal kick"

3.Returning to the old days when kids supported their local teams in general.

4.Capping the amount a club can spend on players in any 1 calendar year.

5..Have every club in the country in the first round draw of the FA cup.

Taken from the pompous forum ....now try and read no 4 without laughing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Richie Barker has taken the decision to scrap Pompey's Development Squad, which was introduced by Appleton 2 years ago. The 'squad' has FIVE players, who will now have to fight for a first team place. Five.

Stupid twats

I thought the Pompey Development Squad was the subs bench ??? #TWATS. Good news for the Albion insofar that any young talent in Hampshire will now be attracted to Lancing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

2.NOT "allowing defenders to obstruct attackers to let the ball run out for a goal kick"

Actually I think they are very sensible points.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Actually I think they are very sensible points.

And do you think a Portsmouth fan would have agreed to numbers 1 2 4 and 5 when they were in the Premier League time wasting their way to draws, buying players they could not afford for a few FA cup runs and having to play an extra 2 games in the FA Cup every year?

To me thats as hypercritical as an ex MP who was caught fiddling his expenses going to TV saying MP's expenses should be capped

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Pompey twats obviously can't even count to one.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good news for the Albion insofar that any young talent in Hampshire will now be attracted to Lancing.

You've not heard of Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse and others, I take it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You've not heard of Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse and others, I take it.

More likely that any talent in West Sussex will no longer be hoovered up by Pompey - as it was for a number of years,.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
More likely that any talent in West Sussex will no longer be hoovered up by Pompey - as it was for a number of years,.

To be honest, Pompey have never had a reputation for producing a lot of talented young players though, similarly to us?

Darren Anderton turned out alright, I suppose. Kit Symons back in the day. Are there that many others?

Maybe they did hoover the good local kids up, but I don't think they turned many of them into stars.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

They only had the choice of Southampton , in around 4 months time there will be heads turning towards Sussex as the place to be.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be honest, Pompey have never had a reputation for producing a lot of talented young players though, similarly to us?

Darren Anderton turned out alright, I suppose. Kit Symons back in the day. Are there that many others?

Maybe they did hoover the good local kids up, but I don't think they turned many of them into stars.

The problem was their rise to the Premier League and collapse down to obscurity happened too quickly for any kids to progress through their academy, plus whilst they were living it up they didn't seem to rely very much on home grown talent - more vastly over paid journey-men.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well, neither Bale or Walcott are from Hampshire anyway. Amusingly JWP is a Portsmouth lad from a family of Pompey fans, and AOC is the son of a Pompey Legend. They've got to hurt :thumbsup:

Twats.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Steve Foster?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here