Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Marvellous scenes. Apart from Mansfield, all the teams below them have games in hand :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, yes you are :thumbsup:

te2edety.jpg

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Torquay at home is a tricky fixture if we are being honest..... HA HA HA HA HA :laugh:

By a quirky coincidence my son is at Fratton Park today. When he called me from there, my initial reaction of "wtf are you doing there" was one of Fatherly pride when he informed me he was sitting in the Torquay end. He was desperate for a game to watch today - As can be confirmed by his current location.

Anyway: #cheatingdeludedtwats

Well it beat sitting at home watching Soccer Saturday!!

It was a delight to see how woeful Pompey were. Their best chances didn't come till late on and they blasted the ball high into the fraction end twice from about 5 yards out :lolol: Torquay had the better of the first half and worked a goal from their only real chance of the game but gave the ball away too much in the 2nd half to make much of an impact.

Shamir Goodwin didn't do much wrong but didn't stand out either. Michael Poke was solid in goal for Torquay whilst Painter threatened at times for Pompey. The funniest moment in the game saw Pompey try to play a short corner, however it was directed right into the path of the ref, who was oblivious to it watching the action in the box. The ball deflected off him and was picked up by a Torquay player which caused Painter - the man who was supposed to receive the corner - to have a right go at the ref, who could only shrug his shoulder in apology to buggering up their training ground set piece...woops :lolol:

Was my first game at Fratton Park. For a ground that has hosted Premier League football it was a right dump! Won't bother going back unless we get them in the cup at some point in the future, because hopefully their descent into obscurity continues.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Twats

Attachments

• pompeyfrattonbehind.JPG
    pompeyfrattonbehind.JPG
    934.5 KB · Views: 1,017

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
At this rate, my trip to Fratton Park in 2 weeks is going to be absolutely HILARIOUS

#twats

I may go down there on the last day of the season.
Go round to my daughter's in Fratton in the morning, listen to the Albion at Forest, then a short walk to go in with the Plymouth fans.
All depends on if Plymouth can send them down.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have our own massive problems with a stadium and a squad we cannot afford to run ,why are we concerned with the problems other clubs are faceing

Because this is a multi-threaded message board with different topics being discussed on different threads.

It is therefore possible to be 'concerned' by more than one thing at the same time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie Barker has taken the decision to scrap Pompey's Development Squad, which was introduced by Appleton 2 years ago. The 'squad' has FIVE players, who will now have to fight for a first team place. Five.

Stupid twats

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looks like the Drummer is starting to irritate the natives

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=534682

"Nothing wrong with drums at football, it's just our drums that are rubbish.
I think it was Exeter recently that had a very good drummer and their fans sang without a pause for the last twenty minutes or so. I was particularly impressed with their support and would like to see us even half as good."

So their support thinks Exeter has better support. Blimey and people moan about the atmosphere at the Amex

D

Deleted member 2719

Richie Barker has taken the decision to scrap Pompey's Development Squad, which was introduced by Appleton 2 years ago. The 'squad' has FIVE players, who will now have to fight for a first team place. Five.

Stupid twats

Ha ha I love this thread.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think it was Exeter recently that had a very good drummer and their fans sang without a pause for the last twenty minutes or so. I was particularly impressed with their support and would like to see us even half as good."

So their support thinks Exeter has better support. Blimey and people moan about the atmosphere at the Amex

Best supporters in the world?

#Twats

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I love the way the drummer bloke has entered the discussion and is getting abuse from everyone, and has also imtimated that Jon Westwood would be upset if he stopped doing it. #BellEnd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here