Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hughes

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What was his excuse yesterday? Thought he was pretty poor, given his usual tendency to score against us. Far more obnoxious than Hughes, and annoys me all the more because he doesn't even look like a footballer. He looks like he should be a stationery supplies salesman or something. Fouls continually, goes down continually, and is almost John Terry-like in the amount of time he spends in the officials' faces.

Didn't think Hughes was anywhere near that level of obnoxiousness. I think he's quite lightweight when it suits him, but he has fantastic balance when the opportunity arises, and clearly an excellent footballing brain. I thought he had a great game.

As a curiosity, he does obviously stand out more than others because of his hair. It would be interesting to see how much we'd notice him if he had darker hair and blended in with the rest of his teammates. I'm sure we'd still rate him, but I do wonder sometimes if certain players' physical characteristics bring them to our attention, and cause us to be more conscious of every positive and negative aspect of their game. Players with long hair, or gingers presumably suffer from this too (as, I guess, did black players back in the days when English football was almost entirely white).

my god....are you sure you are a lady...???

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
He should be playing Premier League football.
Wouldn't like to think what wage Derby are paying him to keep him in the second tier.
Would imagine he'll find his way up there eventually.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
He's been poor in the last couple of games, something that has been happening on and off all season. He's one of those players who struggles when his head isn't right and he's definitely not been in the best frame of mind this season. There are rumours, but no-one knows why for sure. But despite his form being up and down this season, he's joint 7th highest scorer in the Championship, 3rd in the assists table and has created more chances than any other player. Chris Martin playing at the top of his game all season long would have a big help, but even when playing badly he's laid on quite a few goals with a clever bit of play. I'm hoping he's going to be on song for the play-offs, but it's hard to predict right now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's been poor in the last couple of games, something that has been happening on and off all season. He's one of those players who struggles when his head isn't right and he's definitely not been in the best frame of mind this season. There are rumours, but no-one knows why for sure. But despite his form being up and down this season, he's joint 7th highest scorer in the Championship, 3rd in the assists table and has created more chances than any other player. Chris Martin playing at the top of his game all season long would have a big help, but even when playing badly he's laid on quite a few goals with a clever bit of play. I'm hoping he's going to be on song for the play-offs, but it's hard to predict right now.

Hughes always looks a cut above against us, maybe he wants to play for us :wink:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hughes always looks a cut above against us, maybe he wants to play for us :wink:

Another one, like Rhodes, who doesn't want to live down south (although everyone has their price). Local Derby boy I believe.

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
ec7fd673841f89ce9110fe090c0af8d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here