• Bin the sicknote

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One of the things I have always admired the Albion for is their commitment to players who are injured. Dean Blackwell, Tommy Elphick, Alan Navarro and others have been given contracts when on long term injuries, and that puts decency before money.

Should the same be extended to Will Hoskins, two goals in two seasons will be his contribution after the £500,000 move from Bristol Rovers, but he has had a broken leg, depression and now cruciate ligament injury in that time.

The Albion have an option to extend the contract, should they?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He is an almighty sicknote.

Give him a 3 month contract once fit to prove whether or not he deserves a longer one.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think he should be offered at least a 12 month contract if he wishes to stay. But I think the player would be keen to move on and if offered a decent contract elsewhere he will be on his way.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Offer him a 12 month contract, he doesn't have to take it and can move on if he wants.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Would love to keep him for the reasons outlined above, but unfortunately it makes absolutely zero business sense. At a time when we are being scrutinised more than ever for our finances we can't afford to be paying players that aren't playing, especially if we strengthen even further in the summer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He is an almighty sicknote.

Give him a 3 month contract once fit to prove whether or not he deserves a longer one.

Agreed. Broken leg and Cruciate = sick note.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh and he sodded off on loan when he finally was fit.

How can those injuries mean he is a sicknote? And its not like he has previous for injuries.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd release him into the wild. It's not like with the Elf when i suppose a little loyalty might have been two-way. I haven't seen enough of his attitude or actually his skill-level to warrant another contract.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Give him 6 month extension for fitness and to probe himself though saying that I expect he can't wait to leave Brighton behind him the poor bastard.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Offer him a return next season, don't break the bank and don't fret if he chooses to go elsewhere.

Is he good enough - yes, if he wants to be here and fight for a place in the team.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
To me, a 'sicknote' is somebody who is reasonably well, but gets a note from his or her doctor/parent/whoever to say that they can't work/can't do PE/whatever due to some illness which has been made to sound far worse than it is.

Broken legs, cruciate ligaments etc., don't fall into this category, and I think it is unfair to call such players 'sicknotes' - even more so when they have been injured whilst wearing the blue and white stripes. Just the way I see it.

Also, if we jettison players just because they become injured, are we likely to attract new players who realise this?, or would existing players be willing to 'put their bodies on the line' knowing that they will be dumped if they got injured? I agree with El Pres when he says it puts decency before money - but I think it goes further than that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Financial Fair Play rules will mean we have to look at every penny in the budget.

He cost 500K?+ and 2 years wages, and has delivered 1/2/3 goals?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wasn't his fault Kean jumped on his knee. Any new contract doesn't have to be for billions, temporally the Club could renew with a maintenance contract which keeps him at the Club while he is recovering, otherwise as nobody but us buys injured players, he's not going to be paid by any other Club.
Any other course other than renewing would be a bit, not what I think B&HA used to be about.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully the club will offer him a new contract, there is a player there just needs a bit of luck and fitness.

Not sure a (double?) hernia (misdiagnosed much like another player now up the road), personal issues, broken foot (caused by another player in training), and now this can be classed as a sicknote. I would go with bloody unlucky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here