Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Greer be dropped for Tuesday?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not sure how the second goal is Greer's fault as he appeared to be left with three attackers and blocked the cross

But he could have kicked it into touch. As you said, he blocked it, but this just left their attackers with the opportunity to take advantage.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Total lack of respect for Greer shown by many on this thread. The guy's barely put a foot wrong for years, yet he makes a few errors near the end of a long season and all of a sudden "he's been crap all season", "he's a liability" etc etc.

It would appear the days of him playing every game and delivering high quality week in, week out are over, but this is just Father Time catching up with a player, it doesn't mean he's gone completely. We tried to sign Van Dijk over a year ago, so we've known for some time we need a younger, fitter centre-half. I hope we sign one in the summer but I still think there's a role for Greer here next season if he wants it.

Barely our a foot wrong :lol: so he didn't cost us 2 goals on Saturday and didn't get sent off the other week? Sorry, but being a nice bloke or the captain does not change the facts. Yes we have decent defence in terms of goals conceded but that's more down to upson's ability and experience than it is to greer's.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Bare Sorry, but being a nice bloke or the captain does not change the facts.
No but 4 years of mostly excellent service entitles him to some respect including not being booed by his own fans. People need to remember some of the rubbish we had had at centre back before GG turned up.

Whether it's first eleven or not (and I suspect it won't be) he still has a year with us next year if he wants it.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Total lack of respect for Greer shown by many on this thread. The guy's barely put a foot wrong for years, yet he makes a few errors near the end of a long season and all of a sudden "he's been crap all season", "he's a liability" etc etc.

It would appear the days of him playing every game and delivering high quality week in, week out are over, but this is just Father Time catching up with a player, it doesn't mean he's gone completely. We tried to sign Van Dijk over a year ago, so we've known for some time we need a younger, fitter centre-half. I hope we sign one in the summer but I still think there's a role for Greer here next season if he wants it.

Spot on, JFC and Andrews are a liability, Greer has been a good player for us, even this season in parts

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Barely our a foot wrong :lol: so he didn't cost us 2 goals on Saturday and didn't get sent off the other week? Sorry, but being a nice bloke or the captain does not change the facts. Yes we have decent defence in terms of goals conceded but that's more down to upson's ability and experience than it is to greer's.

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes in recent weeks, I'm saying for the vast majority of his 150-odd league matches with us he's been solid and has plenty of credit in the bank as far as I'm concerned.

And who's to say he's even fully fit? Many players at this stage of the season are playing with niggles and minor injuries, and Greer had that calf injury that kept him out for quite a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here