Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Grabban agree personal terms with the Albion?

Will he sign

• Yes

Votes: 85 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 120 58.5%

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wouldn't be a suprise would it.

I would be annoyed that my agent was doing his job if he wasn't doing his very best to whore me around before I signed for someone.

He's 26. Now's the time to get THE big contract of his career.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No because QPR are throwing £££s at getting promotion and will buy players simply to stop other clubs getting them. FFP? They're 'avin a larf!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No because QPR are throwing £££s at getting promotion and will buy players simply to stop other clubs getting them. FFP? They're 'avin a larf!!

QPR only signed two players for actual fees in the summer. All the rest were free or loans.

They also allowed 19 to leave out on loan or transfers. Some wages they managed to shift included, Esteban Granero, Mbia, Taraabt, Park, Remy, Samba, Bothroyd, Ben Haim. All on massive wages.

That plus the parachute payments mean they, of all the teams, are probably far more in the FFP guidlines than most others. They would have saved a fortune this season on outgoings.

D

Deleted member 22389

This Jan is turning into a disaster.

No it hasn't. A disaster is when you sell all your best players and then tell your supporters there is no more money to get anyone in.
We have CMS to come back, buckley, and if we don't get this player then we will go for others.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Again, i will be delighted if he signs now - because 61% are being - lets face it - pretty fickle because it hasnt been announced when a local rag said it would.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
QPR only signed two players for actual fees in the summer. All the rest were free or loans.

They also allowed 19 to leave out on loan or transfers. Some wages they managed to shift included, Esteban Granero, Mbia, Taraabt, Park, Remy, Samba, Bothroyd, Ben Haim. All on massive wages.

That plus the parachute payments mean they, of all the teams, are probably far more in the FFP guidlines than most others. They would have saved a fortune this season on outgoings.

But the wages of the players they do have, almost all of whom are experienced Premier League players, will be far far beyond what most clubs in this league will be able to afford. They're probably far beyond what QPR can afford on gates of 18,000, but then they've been down that road before, I seem to recall.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also think Grabban is probably on a fair wedge at Bournemouth, who seem to be paying some pretty decent salaries these days, and I can't see us offering him an astronomical amount more to sign here.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Would be gutted to see the club WASTE £1.1m on this player... Would much rather see a veteran striker come through will some real pedigree or alternatively an unproven youngster being given more of a chance! March has to play more, as does JFC in the more attack minded AMC role. Oscar only plays one up front, why waste that much limited cash on one striker who 1) isn't good enough and 2) when CMS is back in under a month!

We need a CB - not a Palace reject.

D

Deleted member 22389

But the wages of the players they do have, almost all of whom are experienced Premier League players, will be far far beyond what most clubs in this league will be able to afford. They're probably far beyond what QPR can afford on gates of 18,000, but then they've been down that road before, I seem to recall.

I looked on their forum to see if there was any mention of this player we are going for, I couldn't see any. They where talking about existing players on 80k a week. I look at this and I am just glad our club is not being run this way.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm in the underwhelmed camp on this one I'm afraid.....

He had one good season at Rotherham, then went to Bournemouth where he's had a ratio of about 1 in 3, most of which were scored in league 1.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41904

I'm in the not impressed camp too. He's not banging them in exactly.

I know you have to judge a player on more than just their goals, but with that in mind, I hardly think he has lifted Bournemouth's stats. They don't show themselves on paper to be putting them in the back of the net.

If this is the calibre of player we are looking at then I'd rather look down at League 1 and see if we can bag Leon Clarke from Coventry or someone like that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Apparently he's on his way back down to Bournemouth presumably via 'arrays gaff on millionaires row in Poole where he will meet up with the great man and not be released until he's signed on the dotted line!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here