Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Fulham be another sellout

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Many more and it could put me off - despite having had a season ticket at Gillingham.

But it's not just the trains.

I've been saying that the complete transport situation needs to be looked at since the Amex was opened, and was told there wasn't a problem.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Don't mind so much on a Saturday if the the trains are buggered up a bit, you have got a better chance of getting home before Sunday, its the evening games that travelling is a pain in the arris

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
It's a real shame the trains are bordering on the unusable at the moment but the P&R facilities are on the whole well organised and no problem to use - unless you cut it too fine before the game.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Don't mind so much on a Saturday if the the trains are buggered up a bit, you have got a better chance of getting home before Sunday, its the evening games that travelling is a pain in the arris

I agree. There's no chance that I'm going to the Leeds game now but looking forward to Saturday

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone who went by train on Friday who was thinking about going probably won't...........sad state of affairs.

Very true. Although admittedly fans should have more time to get home with the game being a 3pm kick-off, before services finally grind to a halt and stations are locked up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I agree. There's no chance that I'm going to the Leeds game now but looking forward to Saturday
Leeds, Cardiff, Massive...

Will the trains be sorted for any of these Friday nights ? ???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If things carry on as they are, I can see this train fiasco having a massively detrimental effect on our prospects this season.

Evening games are going to become practically impossible for thousands of supporters and far too much senior management time is going to spent tangling with transport issues rather than running the football club.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

If Hurstpierpoint is indeed where you live, surely you could make the Leeds match. What is the problem? Can you not go by car? No one to help you with a lift? If you go by train, how would get to the nearest station? presumably by car?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If things carry on as they are, I can see this train fiasco having a massively detrimental effect on our prospects this season.

Evening games are going to become practically impossible for thousands of supporters and far too much senior management time is going to spent tangling with transport issues rather than running the football club.

Not to mention the effect of reduced atmosphere on results - even if just one point - and the reduced income from ticket sales and booze.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Anyone who went by train on Friday who was thinking about going probably won't...........sad state of affairs.

I went Friday for the first time in a couple of years I think, transport was a little frustrating but no harm done, going to go again Saturday.

Honestly dont see why a Brighton fan would be put off that much, especially given how good the season is going. Unless you HAVE to get back for a set time I really dont see what difference it makes

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If Hurstpierpoint is indeed where you live, surely you could make the Leeds match. What is the problem? Can you not go by car? No one to help you with a lift? If you go by train, how would get to the nearest station? presumably by car?

Of course I could go but I'm not taking the risk, it took me hours to get home last Friday and I have work on Saturday morning so I will watch it in the pub. The other option is to leave early and I know how well that goes down with everyone. As I say if that make me a bad fan I'm sorry but I am looking forward to Saturday

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I went Friday for the first time in a couple of years I think, transport was a little frustrating but no harm done, going to go again Saturday.

Honestly dont see why a Brighton fan would be put off that much, especially given how good the season is going. Unless you HAVE to get back for a set time I really dont see what difference it makes

You clearly don't have a baby that wakes up at 4.30am every day.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
FARK. I forgot Cardiff had been moved. That's another game I can't go to :(
Was Cardiff actually moved, or originally scheduled for the Friday night anyway as part of the New Year football program ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here