• No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Tim Loughton?

Odious man, but, he did answer my email, and did agree Cummings should go.

There seems to be a pattern of the ERG mob gunning for Cummings. Obviously an agenda there. Loughton is a obnoxious individual. I had the most ignorant rude reply to a matter I emailed him about around 12 years ago. I shouldn't have been surprised. I heard a great story from Attila about Loughton when he was canvasing prior to an election. John was out but his wife was home. Witnessed by his wife, Loughton canvassed every house in the street - aside John's which he walked straight past! Loughton obviously knew better from previous experience with him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If he had been caught they would have turned him around.
Fine him £60 and effing move on.

I think they're going to have to fine him aren't they? Otherwise everyone else who has been fined for driving 60 miles to a beauty spot will simply appeal and say they 'were testing their eye-sight'.

And then yes, move on, albeit with the caveat that people won't forget this. The damage is done, the government aren't taken seriously anymore and the veneer of public unity has well and truly been shattered. As political f*ck-ups go, this is a biggy. Not sure how the hell they will enforce a second lockdown if it is ever needed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just to add, do these people, who are making the threats, not realise that bishops sit in the House of Lords?

Not all bishops do, but as it happens, the bishops of Worcester and Newcastle do (there are five permanent members and 21 Lords Spiritual who are appointed according to seniority)

Wasn't Johnson sacked from the Cabinet for lying about his mistress having an abortion? (Sorry if someone else has pointed this out already).

It wasn't the cabinet, he was sacked as a shadow arts minister (not shadow cabinet) for lying about his affair with Petronella Wyatt. It's true that Wyatt did have an abortion as a result of the relationship but that wasn't the cause of his sacking.

Incidentally, I could have told Michael Howard about the affair as I'd seen Johnson and Wyatt sitting at a corner table of a cafe in Gray's Inn Rd and their body language was not of two work colleagues.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not all bishops do, but as it happens, the bishops of Worcester and Newcastle do (there are five permanent members and 21 Lords Spiritual who are appointed according to seniority)

It wasn't the cabinet, he was sacked as a shadow arts minister (not shadow cabinet) for lying about his affair with Petronella Wyatt. It's true that Wyatt did have an abortion as a result of the relationship but that wasn't the cause of his sacking.

Incidentally, I could have told Michael Howard about the affair as I'd seen Johnson and Wyatt sitting at a corner table of a cafe in Gray's Inn Rd and their body language was not of two work colleagues.

I thought it was Wyatt's (the woman with whom he was having an affair) daughter who had the abortion after Johnson spaffed in her?

This isn't to be confused with the child he fathered with Helen MacIntyre, another woman in a relationship with whom he had an affair, when Johnson tried to have an injunction to prevent his identify being made public as the father, as MacIntyre's boyfriend thought he was the father, not Johnson.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/pierre-rolin-how-i-was-cuckolded-by-boris-johnson-6562629.html

Then there is the issue of one of his present girlfriends', the one he lives with at Number 10, (the one who he had a fight with last summer in their apartment when she saw some of his emails to other girlfriends) taking umbridge at him meeting another one of his girlfriends for 'special cuddles' a couple of months ago and giving him a black eye. This meant he was unable to be seen in public during the flood problems as he didn't want people to see his spunk related scar.

He does seem to be a bit 'careless' with his jizz TBH.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes. He was sacked by Michael Howard when a shadow minister. Without checking - 2004-ish.

Also was sacked from his job at The Times newspaper over allegations he fabricated a quote from his godfather...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
With more and more Tory backbenchers going public with statements against Cummings (not all going as far as calling for him to be sacked), it's getting harder for Johnson to face this one down.

I'm genuinely intrigued to see which way it goes.

It'll probably end up with a contrition-free resignation, with a deal made for him to be ushered back in at the earliest opportunity. The longer this goes on and the bigger the furore, the harder it will be for him to sneak back in. I also think it's harder for Cummings to get back in if he holds out and forces Johnson to sack him.

Boris well be terrified of life without Cummings, but surely there has to be a time where he's so toxic, Johnson's hand is forced? It's a long road back from this if NOTHING happens to Cummings - particularly with the number of Tory MPs coming out against him.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Wasn't Johnson sacked from the Cabinet for lying about his mistress having an abortion? (Sorry if someone else has pointed this out already).

He has been sacked numerous times for various misdemeanours.

We all need to remember what Max Hastings, a long-time friend and colleague of Johnsons said of him:-

"I would trust him with neither my wallet nor my wife"

And if that is what his friends think of him...........................

Sounds just the kind of chap you need leading your country in a crisis eh?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
With more and more Tory backbenchers going public with statements against Cummings (not all going as far as calling for him to be sacked), it's getting harder for Johnson to face this one down.

I'm genuinely intrigued to see which way it goes.

It'll probably end up with a contrition-free resignation, with a deal made for him to be ushered back in at the earliest opportunity. The longer this goes on and the bigger the furore, the harder it will be for him to sneak back in. I also think it's harder for Cummings to get back in if he holds out and forces Johnson to sack him.

Boris well be terrified of life without Cummings, but surely there has to be a time where he's so toxic, Johnson's hand is forced? It's a long road back from this if NOTHING happens to Cummings - particularly with the number of Tory MPs coming out against him.

Boris is not a leader in any way shape or form.
Regardless of how toxic his adviser may be, he cannot function as PM without him.

Unless Boris has got someone lined up to take over, ( he won't have), there is no way Boris will leave himself so exposed.
Particularly at present, when all of his weaknesses are already very much on display.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Maybe if they had shot Stephen Kinnock that would have sent out the right message.

It’s all a bit embarrassing.

It could and should have been handled better on every level but it’s hardly Watergate.

People won’t agree as they have a political agenda and are only point scoring.

If you are talking one rule for one etc, Kinnock Junior should also resign.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Boris is not a leader in any way shape or form.
Regardless of how toxic his adviser may be, he cannot function as PM without him.

Unless Boris has got someone lined up to take over, ( he won't have), there is no way Boris will leave himself so exposed.
Particularly at present, when all of his weaknesses are already very much on display.

There must be some really heavy mutterings and plotting going on behind the scenes in the Nasty Party at the moment. Will hopefully bear fruit soon

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There must be some really heavy mutterings and plotting going on behind the scenes in the Nasty Party at the moment. Will hopefully bear fruit soon

The Journalist Tim Montgomery who was just on BBC was absolutely excellent on summarising this issue to date.

Didn't overly attack Cummings but put a balanced view across. I wish there were more like him asking sensible questions without wading in with a machete, baying for blood.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Maybe if they had shot Stephen Kinnock that would have sent out the right message.

It’s all a bit embarrassing.

It could and should have been handled better on every level but it’s hardly Watergate.

People won’t agree as they have a political agenda and are only point scoring.

If you are talking one rule for one etc, Kinnock Junior should also resign.

How about Jenrick and Kinnock both get to stay and we just lose Cummings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here