Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will CMS be back for the Leeds game...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Think about it...........CMS...Barnes........Hoskins......Leo......there has to be a winning combo there surely. We need a manager to have these strikers playing together and not in isolation.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
End of July will be about 16 weeks. Unless the treatment of the injury has come on leaps and bounds in the last 20 years since I tore mine, another four weeks to rebuild his wasted calf muscle. I wouldn't have thought he will be playing again until the beginning of October at the earliest. Every time somebody tackles him from behind he will be shi.........very worried.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He said in an interview on Talk Sport last week that his recovery was going well but he wouldn't be back for the start of the season.

He also didn't sound that upset that he would be coming back to a new manager either!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Maybe if the ball is put infront of him and not to him with a defender hanging on his collar he might succeed. He was our top scorer last season despite being out for a great part of it. Would like to see him play with Ulloa, depends on who is in charge, I don't think Poyet was a great help to CMS and don't forget it was Poyet who bought him and then didn't play to his strengths.

Maybe if the ball is put infront of him and not to him with a defender hanging on his collar he might succeed. He was our top scorer last season despite being out for a great part of it. Would like to see him play with Ulloa, depends on who is in charge, I don't think Poyet was a great help to CMS and don't forget it was Poyet who bought him and then didn't play to his strengths.

Sorry, don't go with this play him to his strengths line. He is a professional footballer, a bloody expensive one at that, and should be able to adapt to the system that Poyet played. I doubt Poyet brought him in with the intention of changing the way he wanted his team to play to suit one player.

He has played 81 games for us and scored 21 goals, that's just under ONE every 4 games. I want him to succeed but I just can't see it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Any player who costs in the region of £2.5m should have the basic requirements of a first touch, spacial awareness, intelligence in terms of timing runs, solid enough link up play etc. Sorry. Hoskins and Barnes are both better all round players from what we've seen.

Why should we totally change the way we play because one player is quite limited? It's retarded logic.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sorry, don't go with this play him to his strengths line. He is a professional footballer, a bloody expensive one at that, and should be able to adapt to the system that Poyet played. I doubt Poyet brought him in with the intention of changing the way he wanted his team to play to suit one player.

He has played 81 games for us and scored 21 goals, that's just under ONE every 4 games. I want him to succeed but I just can't see it.

That ratio is ok though , guarantees 11+ for the season . Get ulloa high teens to 20's and we should be In business.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why ?.... That pairing gives us nothing In behind a team, dosent stretch a side and give room for our midfielders to play.

Worked bloody well against Arsenal.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Worked bloody well against Arsenal.

Maybe, thats 1 game that we were well up for, over a season I just dont see it, for me playing 2 up front is about combinations and I really dont see the point of a pairing that play the same game.

You need to stretch a side, pull centre halfs out of position, get them worried about turning and running back to there own goal, not have 2 strikers playing with there back to goal for 2 big centre halfs to steam through every time the ball gets played into them.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Hoskins [is a] better all round [player] from what we've seen.

Can someone actually explain to me what Hoskins has done to justify the hero worship on here? It seems to be accepted that he is a great player and better than Barnes and/or CMS. Am I the only one who's seen sweet FA to support that view?

Apart from being very injury prone, and getting less stick for it than Vicente, who played more games and yet somehow gets painted as more of a sicknote, Hoskins has done little or nothing in the games he has played to justify such admiration.

He's got ok pace, holds it up ok, has an ok first touch. Had one excellent finish at cardiff (tbf Harley had a worldie free kick v peterboro) but other than that has missed a couple of sitters that Ash or CMS would be crucified for, and to me has looked no better than 4th choice. He has my sympathy for his injuries but he absolutely isn't the magic answer people seem to think he is.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
New man in charge I think we will see a new Cms. Must have been very frustrating for him under Poyet.
We all hope so, if fit this twosome up front will frighten most teams,..... but Lopez needs to sign, he works well with Len,.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here