Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will caciedo be in the squad tomorrow...... (Poll)

Will caciedo be in the squad tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 210 71.7%
  • No

Votes: 83 28.3%

• Total voters

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Ok so I had put yes but after hearing about the Kudus deal, I’ll change it to no since I reckon he is the replacement.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
This has suddenly become something I feel quite anxious about. If he’s fit (and he seems to be), he’d be a nailed-on starter for the final pre-season match. If he’s not in the team to face Rayo, that can surely only mean one thing… Gulp.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yep. 'Houghton' always brought the house down too.............
Actually tbf I hadn't even realised I'd spelt it wrong until this morning. I thought it was just the lack of capital letter before.

So mods please feel free to fix. It is a bit annoying when players names get spelt wrong on this forum. I get that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the rumours of signing for Chelsea on Monday are true, he is 100% not in today’s team or squad……

I am going for yes because I can’t bring myself to vote no

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

The Kudus story has triggered a lot of noise on twitter but Caicedo’s agents are yet to feed the scraps to Jacobs and Romano.

I’m not sure how credible this sort of stuff is….

It's a complete stab in the dark made in the hope that it'll be correct and win himself a massive load of ITK kudos. Apart from the fact that £80m is still £20m below the widely reported valuation, I can hardly see BHA and Chelsea sharing the so-called deal sheet with a random bedrooom journalist in Holland.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can’t work out why everyone is saying Kudus will be Caceido’s replacement - they don’t play the same position ! :shrug:
He has played DM a few times and has similar qualities in terms of speed, strength, dynamism, passing and ball control.

Folk have described him as a hybrid of Saka and Micheal Essien.

If you see the ‘Essien’ in him, I guess you’d see him as a Caicedo replacement.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Can’t work out why everyone is saying Kudus will be Caceido’s replacement - they don’t play the same position ! :shrug:

For me it’s just because it’s the only reason I think we need someone else. He can apparently play all across midfield and we have quite a few players who can play that position already.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Will Mitoma be in the squad today ? Rumours that Man City want him in a possible swap deal !

Be interested to hear people’s thoughts on our transfer window if we end up losing MacAllister, Caceido and Mitoma in this window

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not sure that replacement is the best description; as you say they're not like-for-like. What I do think is credible however, is that where the loss of Caicedo may weaken the defensive midfield aspect, the club may be looking to offset that by making big signings in other areas of the pitch.

Having said that, with the amount of incoming transfer fees over the last 2 years and this summer - I make it around 290m if Potter et al are included - it's more than possible that the Kudus transfer can be made independently of the outcome of a Caicedo deal, particularly going into our first ever European campaign. Caicedo is only 21 and contracted until 2028 (accounting for the one-year option) so it's not as if his value will drop before next summer - in fact it'll probably increase.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was going to say only 3 hrs to go before we find out whether he stays or goes, but then checked and we transferred Cucurella 2 days before the first game of the season.

So Chelsea could still offer double Moisés actual value between now and Saturday :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here