Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Hopefully it will only be for the one season.

Which if he does and keeps us in the PL then that is worth much more than his token transfer fee and also cover his wages for the rest of his playing career in the money the team will get compared to been relegated

Aug 23, 2011
In the case of Poyet I wonder if in his contract was a clause as would be in most standard employment contract that preclude an ex employee from trying to solicit employees from his previous employ. ie Poyet would then not to be able try and tempt Albion players to join him at Sunderland. I bet though in the crazy world that is football these terms and conditions don't apply, but would be interesting if they did.

These conditions although fairly common are un enforceable in any business due to European restraint of trade laws

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A blind man saw quite easily that he stopped trying around January.

Not true. He was only at cruise speed for Sunderland as well.

Its the opposition paying special attention to him. Great antidote to the wing-back system a fast winger is. Gus played him to wide and he was out of the game in the second half. But so were two Man United defenders.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Its the opposition paying special attention to him. Great antidote to the wing-back system a fast winger is. Gus played him to wide and he was out of the game in the second half. But so were two Man United defenders.
He's shite percy...get over your love for him,its ridiculous.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Which if he does and keeps us in the PL then that is worth much more than his token transfer fee and also cover his wages for the rest of his playing career in the money the team will get compared to been relegated

You sound more and more like palace

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Behave yourself

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
You definitely spout palace type rubbish

Why because I am not always 100% positive about Brighton. They are my local club now and I want to see them do well although I can be more objective than a fan. Good to see Gus give Buckley big praise there - his biggest positive of the match he says

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Why because I am not always 100% positive about Brighton. They are my local club now and I want to see them do well although I can be more objective than a fan. Good to see Gus give Buckley big praise there - his biggest positive of the match he says

All you ever spout is anti-Albion crap and deluded bollocks about Sunderland.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Think it was a bit more than cruise speed the way he was puffing. Anyway it's time to get over your man love for Buckley and pick a new object of desire.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He cheated the manager and he cheated us fans with his performances from January until his departure. Sorry wakeytom, I can't give him any praise.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From an Albion perspective good riddance. He effectively robbed the club from January on as Bridcutt did last season. At the risk of setting London Irish off again, the last of the bad smell left by Poyet has now dissipated and we can get on having had upheaval and a shadow over the club due to him for over a year now.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

You're talking to us about Gus?

Has he been there a year yet?

Not surprised Buckley played well, he's been waiting 8 months to put a shift in after Sunderland "turned his head" (translated = tapped him up)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He could score a brace a match, propel Sunderland to the title, win player of the year and I'd STILL be glad we got shot. He stopped playing for us.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I liked Buckley. An on form Buckley would be an asset for any team in our league. If I was the opposition manager I'd get someone to clatter him early doors. I think he's quite fragile mentally.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Except he didn't say he didn't try. Quite the opposite. He said he did try, but found it difficult because the interest from sunderland/opportunity to play in the premier was in the back of his mind.

Entirely reasonable.

It's just there are some overly sensitive Brighton fans has interpreted this as "I totally did them over, took all their money and did my best to never touch the ball ever again. Suckers. Mwuah hahahahah!!!" (And some fans who probably didn't even bother to read what he said for themselves and have just taken other people's silly reaction as somehow appropriate.

If the club were stupid enough to try to sue him, they would be laughed out of court.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nderland_s_interest_distracted_him_at_Albion/

Nicely put and i agree

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
He could score a brace a match, propel Sunderland to the title, win player of the year and I'd STILL be glad we got shot. He stopped playing for us.

Totally agree. He may be a good player but gave up on us months ago. Plus his next 5 matches will be average or injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here