Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Big Sam walk away from WBA ?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm not sure you can beat that away strip for comedy. What a mess.

51516.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The gap between 17th and 18th is 3 wins and I can't see that happening really. So the 2 teams below that are stuffed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It will surely be his last managerial job in football.
No way will he walk.
However stranger things have happened.

Agree. He's all about the money which I would suggest means more to him than not having a relegation on his CV. He's about 2 months into an 18 month contract. If he's on something like £3.5m a year, that's a lot to give up. (I don't know how much he's on but guessing it's similar to their higher paid players and Austin was on that sort of figure apparently. He's also got a £1.5m bonus if he keeps them up so he's unlikely to walk until that's a mathematical impossibility)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
His record at West Brom in the league

P10 W1 D2 L7 F8 A28 Pts5

Impressive and worth every penny the board are paying him.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
People acting like Brom and Big Sam relegated already seems a bit extreme. Whilst agreed they are heavy favourites to go down, this is a key run coming up after Man Utd (which surely is a write off).

Burnley (a)
Brighton (h)
Newcastle (h)
Palace (a)
Everton (h)

Critical run of games here. If they can get a few wins here that would put them in the mix again. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
People acting like Brom and Big Sam relegated already seems a bit extreme. Whilst agreed they are heavy favourites to go down, this is a key run coming up after Man Utd (which surely is a write off).

Burnley (a)
Brighton (h)
Newcastle (h)
Palace (a)
Everton (h)

Critical run of games here. If they can get a few wins here that would put them in the mix again. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

I'm not going to comment on our game, but all of the others look tricky. Burnley at Turf Moor is tough (just look at our game on Saturday). Newcastle have perhaps turned a bit of a corner. Saint Maximin makes a big difference to them, plus Willock is a decent player. Everton are 6th. Palace are generally tough to beat (and won 5-1 at the Hawthorns). Famous last words, but I'd be surprised if they got more than 5 points from those 5 games.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Burnley (a)
Brighton (h)
Newcastle (h)
Palace (a)
Everton (h)

You'd say 10 points out of those 5 games is minimum to get them back in contention to survive.

I reckon they'll get about 4 points, drawing with us and beating Newcastle

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't imagine anything worse than having that crook managing my football club , the WBA board must have been desperate to employ him and should of stuck with Moore .

Nothing against WBA as a club or their fans but I hope they go down and that's the last football ever sees of thieving Fat Sam .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can't imagine anything worse than having that crook managing my football club , the WBA board must have been desperate to employ him and should of stuck with Moore .

Nothing against WBA as a club or their fans but I hope they go down and that's the last football ever sees of thieving Fat Sam .

Every manager of that ilk has to have a spell at Palace to complete the CV. Thankfully the likes of TB would never stoop that low

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think they were always going down. Bilic, Allardyce or someone else wouldnt matter with that squad, its just too bad. Its a one man team.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm not going to comment on our game, but all of the others look tricky. Burnley at Turf Moor is tough (just look at our game on Saturday). Newcastle have perhaps turned a bit of a corner. Saint Maximin makes a big difference to them, plus Willock is a decent player. Everton are 6th. Palace are generally tough to beat (and won 5-1 at the Hawthorns). Famous last words, but I'd be surprised if they got more than 5 points from those 5 games.

I agree, it’s looking extremely bleak for them.

But they have the exact type of manager that has a record of rescuing teams. Granted it’s going terribly for him right now, but I still give them a slither of hope. It’s not unfathomable they could get a mini run going.

(I wouldn’t bet on it though).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In the past Sam has been pretty astute at guaging clubs chances of survival. He knew this was a tough ask and odds against survival, which suggests that the temptation of one last good payday was too much for him. Take the money and run. He won't be getting the CV out again, so one blot at the end is irrelevant. His legacy was tarnished by the England fiasco, so he isn't protecting anything cherished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here