• Yes

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 172 85.1%

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Once again - Burnley are the key here. We may not want to sell him, and value him highly - but Burnley may value him even higher and force our hand here. If they sell Ings they have to replace him and will have a lot of cash to do so. Meanwhile as long as they are top 2 or 3 they will be a very attractive prospect to any player. If Burnley want him I think they'll get him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Once again - Burnley are the key here. We may not want to sell him, and value him highly - but Burnley may value him even higher and force our hand here. If they sell Ings they have to replace him and will have a lot of cash to do so. Meanwhile as long as they are top 2 or 3 they will be a very attractive prospect to any player. If Burnley want him I think they'll get him.

I think you're wrong, why would we sell to a club and help them take a playoff/top two position off us? It's not even that much money in the grand scheme of the top of the Championship. Barnes is clearly highly rated here by the management and WILL have a part to play when Ulloa is fully fit. Personally think we are more likely to sell Ulloa to a Premier League team than Barnes as he is worth proper money :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you're wrong, why would we sell to a club and help them take a playoff/top two position off us? It's not even that much money in the grand scheme of the top of the Championship. Barnes is clearly highly rated here by the management and WILL have a part to play when Ulloa is fully fit. Personally think we are more likely to sell Ulloa to a Premier League team than Barnes as he is worth proper money :shrug:

We have history: Craig Noone.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Depends on how you look at it. If we keep him, he scores 10 more goals from January to the end of the season, and we get in the play-offs - I'd take the hit of losing him for free in the summer I think.

A lot of IF'S their.
hmm.gif

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

The answer is three letters, two F's and P. There will come a point where the offer for Barnes, versus losing him for free in the summer, becomes a number the board won't turn down.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What are his wage demands, over 20k per week? It would be a crying shame if we were to lose a player of his talent, emphasises the need to get to the EPL as soon as possible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The answer is three letters, two F's and P. There will come a point where the offer for Barnes, versus losing him for free in the summer, becomes a number the board won't turn down.
No one is arguing with that. But some of us believe that such a number would be higher than the number Burnley might offer. They tried around £500k-£1m, which is clearly WAY too low. Even if they tabled a £2m bid, we would still struggle to replace our #3 striker (or even #2 in some people's eyes) because he steers clear of injury, he is only 23 and has already proved himself at this level.

That said, if Burnley offered to treble his wages AND offer £2-3m then it might happen. I just don't think it will.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Better than CMS and can play wide 'forward'. Will stay unless silly money bid. Just because CMS cost alot people auto think we'll get him in regularly. He could be more a super sub for us instead of either Ulloa and Barnes after 65 mins or as well as them both if loosing.

Not better than CMS, but different to CMS.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Depends on how you look at it. If we keep him, he scores 10 more goals from January to the end of the season, and we get in the play-offs - I'd take the hit of losing him for free in the summer I think.

I see what you mean, but... have you heard of FFP and are you aware of our club's attitude to it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here