Votes: 30 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 172 85.1%

• Total voters

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Does it depend on whether he signs a contract extension? Am I right that he's out of contract in the summer, so we might want to cash in rather than let him go free?

No one would offer big money for a player 6 months away from being a free agent. He either signs a new contract or goes on a free in the summer. I doubt we will be selling him this January.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All depends if Lita has his loan spell extended. If Lita goes back to his parent club then Barnesy will stay as 3rd choice striker once CMS is fully fit again.

I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself here. Why would Ash be regarded as our THIRD choice striker? He has arguably had far more success in the role than CMS has during his time at the club. Also he has been injured for a long time, so we don't know how he will perform when fit again.

As Lita has had hardly any game time during his loan period, and taking into account Leo is fit again, it's hard to see why Oscar would want to keep Lita.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All depends if Lita has his loan spell extended. If Lita goes back to his parent club then Barnesy will stay as 3rd choice striker once CMS is fully fit again.

I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself here. Why would Ash be regarded as our THIRD choice striker? He has arguably had far more success in the role than CMS has during his time at the club. Also he has been injured for a long time, so we don't know how he will perform when fit again.

As Lita has had hardly any game time during his loan period, and taking into account Leo is fit again, it's hard to see why Oscar would want to keep Lita.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does it depend on whether he signs a contract extension? Am I right that he's out of contract in the summer, so we might want to cash in rather than let him go free?

This is my opinion too , why let him go for nothing at the end of the season when we can get a fee for him in January. If Lita has his loan extended we will still have 3 strikers.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is my opinion too , why let him go for nothing at the end of the season when we can get a fee for him in January. If Lita has his loan extended we will still have 3 strikers.

I'm going to guess that Lita costs us in the region of 5-10K a week more than Barnes in wages. And Barnes would probably sign a new contract in the summer anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

CMS will be better suited to playing up front with Oscar's style of play as he will be chasing after balls laid on to him by the midfield. If Barnes goes Lita would be 3rd choice unless we bring in another striker.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm going to guess that Lita costs us in the region of 5-10K a week more than Barnes in wages. And Barnes would probably sign a new contract in the summer anyway.

..... and no suggestion that we want/need Lita. He's hardly been seen despite plenty of opportunity to give him game time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every successful club needs 4 strikers so I see our 4 being Ulloa Cms Barnes and Lita until Hoskins is fit but then again I dont think that he will play for us again. Like Elphick, when he is fit he will be sold to offset the wages we have paid him while injured.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You'll be disappointed.

I like Barnes, and the way that he's got on with it this year after his disciplinary problems last year is admirable. However, when you can buy foreign strikers like Ulloa for 2m, I can't see anyone paying that sort of cash for Barnes.

Err it's well known English players go for WAYY more than their foreign counterparts. If Jordan Rhodes is £8m, then Barnes should be around £3m.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully he signs a big long contract ASAP. If not, I'd hate to see him join Burnley on a free in the summer, maybe we could get a good deal with some of the Ings transfer fee in Jan?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

This. Lita to go back, Barnes, Leo and CMS to mix it up for the rest of the season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Err it's well known English players go for WAYY more than their foreign counterparts. If Jordan Rhodes is £8m, then Barnes should be around £3m.

It doesn't matter what was paid for Jordan Rhodes; it does not make Ashley Barnes a 3m player. Strikers who score 10-15 goals a season are not hard to find. 1m would be a very good fee for him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It doesn't matter what was paid for Jordan Rhodes; it does not make Ashley Barnes a 3m player. Strikers who score 10-15 goals a season are not hard to find. 1m would be a very good fee for him.

Can't agree with that. Name me another 15 goal Champ striker aged under say, 23, that we could easily buy for £1m.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
For the right price, yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here