Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Albion make the playoffs, simple yes or no

Will Albion make the playoffs

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No - and we must then sack everyone to do with the first team. We ve been a failure again & it's not good enough - Oscar out - he's won ONE LESS game than our disastrous 4th place finish last year - I won't be able to take it if we don't win Sat or if we win & Reading do - there must be someone to blame - and I'm gonna find them!!!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Voted yes yes we will but that's out of pure desperation, i have already resigned myself to another year watching championship football which i am quite looking forward to as i am looking forward to going to the city ground on Saturday regardless of the outcome.I just want to see a good game with obviously a resounding away win. SEAGULLS.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Just to be different, my heart says no (I'm a natural pessimist, and it's clear that from our inconsistent performances we don't deserve a play-off place) but my head says yes. Reading have been just as inconsistent as us (or they'd be more than a point ahead of us) and a quick skim of statto.com shows that their record against the top half of the table and their home form are both poor. They have a harder game than us; we have a decent chance of getting a better result.

That assumes that Burnley still turn up and play like a top-two side, that Reading fail to bring their A game, that Forest don't suddenly get their act together, and that we're actually up for it. Plenty that could go wrong there, of course, or it wouldn't be football, but I think the bookies' odds are assuming too much in Reading's favour.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Yes for me - been a strange season so this would be par for the course to sneak in at the death

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
After the win at Blackpool, Dyche was at pains to point out to the gathered press how proud he was of Burnley's unbeaten away record in 2014. This was to counter-balance claims vy some journalists that Burnley were nervous due to two successive home defeats after going more than a year unbeaten at Turf Moor.

I just have a feeling that Dyche and his players will want to extend this run of away results since the 1-0 Boxing Day defeat at Middlesbrough.

Wigan (a) 0-0
Yeovil (a) 2-1
QPR (a) 3-3
Bolton (a) 1-0
B'mouth (a) 1-1
Blackburn (a) 2-1
Birmingham (a) 3-3
Charlton (a) 3-0
Watford (a) 1-1
Barnsley (a) 1-0
Blackpool (a) 1-0

Won 6 Drawn 5 Lost 0 For 18 Against 10