Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Albion break their transfer record this window?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I heard, from 'mio salsa', we're chopping in the Skoda and going big . . . Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrofoglio

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well, officially it’s £20 million for Webster.

Which I find quite amazing, 4 years this summer, and our record transfer is still a centre back from Bristol City.
Yeah I kind of doubt it is the case though. I imagine it most likely Mwepu actually, somewhere over £20m but below £25m.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well, officially it’s £20 million for Webster.

Which I find quite amazing, 4 years this summer, and our record transfer is still a centre back from Bristol City.
Thought Webster was £25m

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If we do break our transfer record now or in the summer, I think it's most likely to be for a left sided centre back
Yep, I was thinking along similar lines - excluding Sanchez, our back line, especially CBs, could do with a bit more height and muscle - someone with Dunky‘s stature.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Another vote for Colwill.

If Chelsea are prepared to sell (to a rival) with no silly sell on clause.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Let’s not turn into Leeds….. no chance Chelsea are selling us Colwill, unless it’s part of one of our jewels going there, and I for one do not want to sell a single other player to those ****s.
Leeds?
At this moment in time Chelsea have to outperform us to reach their goals.
Within this window, rivals we most definitely are.

It will be interesting to see if we make an offer for Colwill again.
It would need to beat our transfer record, to get him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Let’s not turn into Leeds….. no chance Chelsea are selling us Colwill, unless it’s part of one of our jewels going there, and I for one do not want to sell a single other player to those ****s.
I agree. I think it’s very unlikely he’ll be with us after this season. It’s a Gallagher at Palace situation. That said it’d be great if we could tempt him here, he’s a solid player.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yeah I kind of doubt it is the case though. I imagine it most likely Mwepu actually, somewhere over £20m but below £25m.
If the Mwepu deal had broken the record set when we signed Webster it would have been announced as a club record fee, even if the actual amount remained undisclosed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here