Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Albion break their transfer record this window?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As far as I can tell, this fella is the equivalent of a left footed Veltman and could fill the problematic left back role in the same style Joel does at right back.

Whilst I’d be disappointed if he was our record transfer, I can see us spending the sort of money we splashed on Estupiñán Tenorio on this fella.

I really hope we grab him.
I'd be quite surprised if RDZ doesn't want to sign someone from his old club.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Given the many negligent behaviours contributing to the death of Emiliano Sala I would imagine that if there was cover then the struggle to get a payout from the insurers would eclipse that of getting Cardiff to pay Nantes, and may well be related to it.
There is every likelihood that the actions that led to Sala's death would invalidate any insurance policy

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Knockhaert and a certain Ulloa both arrived in January.
Very long time ago, and a different division. Point making was comparatively. Same nearly all PL clubs.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Another vote for Colwill.

If Chelsea are prepared to sell (to a rival) with no silly sell on clause.
The other thing is, does Collwill actually WANT to come here permanently or does he fancy himself to go back in the summer and force himself into the Chelsea team? It's the possiblity of CL football there for him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The other thing is, does Collwill actually WANT to come here permanently or does he fancy himself to go back in the summer and force himself into the Chelsea team? It's the possiblity of CL football there for him.
He may want that, but equally he may look at the amount of CBs Chelsea have and think, like Lamptey did, that he needs to move elsewhere in search of first team football. He's got a couple of years left on his Chelsea contract though so they won't be under as much pressure to sell him quickly as they were when it became clear that Tariq wasn't going to sign a new deal and wanted to leave.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He may want that, but equally he may look at the amount of CBs Chelsea have and think, like Lamptey did, that he needs to move elsewhere in search of first team football. He's got a couple of years left on his Chelsea contract though so they won't be under as much pressure to sell him quickly as they were when it became clear that Tariq wasn't going to sign a new deal and wanted to leave.
Oh I 100% agree. Like Ferguson signed for us rather than Liverpool or the Pocket Rocket who saw future progress here better than at a 'big club'. Plus he's been here and hopefully dazzled by RDZ and made a few mates. And only being down the road from London where I assume his family live (didn't realise he was born in Southampton).

But just saying, he might not want to stay. Logically you'd think it's the best, but that might just be my blue and white striped specs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have a suspicion they could do something a bit unexpected and maybe sign an established goalkeeper.
We badly need one in my opinion, Sanchez is overrated by many, and Jason Steele just isn't Premierl League quality in my opinion.

Moreover Rob Sanchez needs better competion for his place, and we don't currently have a keeper at the club who is good enough to do that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let’s not turn into Leeds….. no chance Chelsea are selling us Colwill, unless it’s part of one of our jewels going there, and I for one do not want to sell a single other player to those ****s.
Really? No chance they’re selling us a young CB who’s not / barely played for them? I think there’s a chance - a fairly good one too 🤷🏻‍♂️

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I hope not. Paying silly prices for people means paying silly wages. And what follows is more clowns on silly wages. Premier league has been full of teams our size who get excited and think the way forward is higher profile, higher wage players. Look at Barnsley, Bradford, Wigan, Wednesday, Leeds, can even include Leicester and Southampton in this even though they bounced back. Keep as it is.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
When a player’s career is prematurely ended by injury or illness, like Mewpu, does a club have some sort of insurance policy in place to cover the loss of the purchase price or current value, or does the club just have to write the £millions off?
yes and in fact steve foster runs what I believe is the UK's biggest footballer insurance brokerage from his office in Hove

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We have some positions we could do with depth at. Wonder if we’ll see a Lallana or Welbeck type of signing. GK/LB/DM all make sense but no need currently for a huge purchase. If we’re playing a back four then 4 CB plus the exceptional Veltman on top is likely enough until/if Colwill leaves but seems another spot we could be tempted to move for the right player on a good deal.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
ALWAYS strengthen from a position of strength. We must not miss the opportunity our current brilliance affords

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here