Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan Sack Rosler - merged

Another club realising foreign managers struggle to get clubs out of this division, whose top? Oh yeah Derby Steve Mcclaren, Bournemouth Eddie Howe
last year
Pearson Leicester
Dyhce Burnley
Redknapp QPR

Some one will probably reply that's bullshit as I've seen posted on here before, but IMO and pretty much a fact except Di Matteo getting WBA promoted all the promoted sides over the last 10 years have had British managers, managers who know the division and what's required to get out of it

Except that Rosler is a really bad example of the point that you're trying to prove - because he spent two and a half years of his playing career in the Championship (playing for Man City and West Brom) and managed successfully in League One. He's got much more in common with those British managers that you promote than the likes of Di Matteo, Poyet or Hyppia.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
use british, it gets you up

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Unfortunately all i see is a club presently below us results taking an upturn and with our next 3 fixtures we could possibly be in serious doo doo

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wonder if the choice had been Hyypia or Rosler when Oscar buggered off who TB would have picked ? I suspect we might well have had a different manager.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I suspect Rosler came with a higher price tag.

At the time Rosler wouldn't have even considered us. He had got Wigan into the play offs after a very good run of results following on from a miserable start under the clueless Coyle. His family home is in The North West and his sons play in the Man City Academy. He'd lived in a flat in London during his time at Brentford and longed for a bigger job in the North West. He's extremely well respected in the game and I expect a number of clubs in the North West will now be looking at him.

Having said that, his stock will now have reduced. I wonder if a job with a progressive Championship club in the South with a huge fan base (compared with Wigan) came available, would he be interested? I expect he might. It's not as if he isn't prepared to move if he needed to. He started his managerial career in Norway (albeit his wife is Norweign, and very fit by the way!)

Sami will be given another three games, at least, but if those results are poor then I expect Uwe may be getting a call.

flying high

May 12, 2009
If Rosler couldn't be a success with Wigan's budget what hope would he have with ours?

Did he have a big budget at Brentford granted a division lower? Wigan were good against us last season and deserved at least a draw this but as we have found out you dont always get what you deserve. I think he would get CMS and Baldock firing and scoring

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Did he have a big budget at Brentford granted a division lower? Wigan were good against us last season and deserved at least a draw this but as we have found out you dont always get what you deserve. I think he would get CMS and Baldock firing and scoring

Big difference. Many have succeeded in L1 and L2 and their predecessors and failed at this level. Brentford have done OK without him too.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
thats because the majority of managers have been british

you might as well go and say that the majority of players who have been promoted from the championship since its inception have been british - it means **** all

Not so sure, I think British managers prefer a 4 4 2 formation which seems to work in this league. Be interesting to see the stats on nationality of managers in this division now and what percentage has also been over the last couple of seasons. I think you'll find there have been a fair few foreign managers in there.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Will now have a new manager syndrome to send us into the bottom 3. Sami will go if we are there after this next set of tough games.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Not so sure, I think British managers prefer a 4 4 2 formation which seems to work in this league. Be interesting to see the stats on nationality of managers in this division now and what percentage has also been over the last couple of seasons. I think you'll find there have been a fair few foreign managers in there.

20% of managers were foreign last season in the Championship. Over the past two seasons foreign managers represent 56% of the total number of foreign managers in the Championship

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
MALKAY Mackay
Paul jewell
Brian mcdermott
Stuart McCall
In the running for new post, looks like they've realised being a BRITISH manager gets you out of this division

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here