Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan make approach for Poyet

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a myth that Murray scored more goals when Poyet arrived. If you look at his goals-to-game ratio it was pretty much the same the entire time he was with us.

Personally, I've always rated El-Abd. Poyet obviously did too which is why he played him when he came to the club. El-Abd rejected Everton to stay with the Albion when he was a youth player.

How is it a myth? Murray had never scored 20 goals in a season until 2010/11.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm sure I would!! :smile:

You could also argue that as soon as he made one of his outbursts (perhaps post FC Utd, when he heard booing at half-time), the club should have taken him to one side or offered him media training of some sort.

Do you think he'll stay?

I absolutely agree the club should
have done that, definitely. I think they have to shoulder some of the blame, he's their employee after all.

No I don't think he'll stay, I don't think Gus can work with Barber, I think their agendas are too far removed from each other, and neither of them are prepared to compromise. And, as much as it pains me to say it, if you have to choose between the best manager in a generation and the guy who's job it is to make the club sustainable, then Barber, despite being the bad guy, is the sensible choice.

It's a shame, as I think with a happy Gus in charge and a 30% improvement on last years playing budget, we'd be a shoe in for promotion. But I suppose I'd rather we play it safe, I'd rather have a competitive Championship team than gamble the future of the club on making the Premier League.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
They don't like "complicated" up north.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
How is it a myth? Murray had never scored 20 goals in a season until 2010/11.

That was down to him being injury free and playing 50 games. The most games he had played for us in any previous season was 37 (28 and 21 in the other two seasons). His goals-to-game ratio was very similar during all of his four seasons with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here