Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
I do love it when people with little or no experience of coaching or managing at a decent level come on here and give advice about tactics.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No dont just leave the smallest quickest player upfield, lets leave the front four on the half way line, then by BGs logic the opposition will need to leave 5 defenders to mark them.

That way with 1 taking the corner, there are only 4 attackers in the box to be marked by 6 defenders, so man mark and each post marked.

That would leave too much room for the attackers to use so although said in joke or as a p..s take it wouldnt work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we should have 8 on the half way line, they need 9 to defend, plus their keeper, means 1 taking the corner, and no one attacking.

I'm emailing Chris now!

What are the chances Elvis plays that game and gets caught offside?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[yt]aW8UnXzP3ms[/yt]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is obviously beyond the thinking of most on here. So they have to resort to trying to take the p..s with stupid suggestions. All I did was ask a simple question about a situation that I used in my coaching course in 1968 that I believe is still relevant now.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why, why why.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes

Brian Clough

theboybilly

This is obviously beyond the thinking of most on here. So they have to resort to trying to take the p..s with stupid suggestions. All I did was ask a simple question about a situation that I used in my coaching course in 1968 that I believe is still relevant now.

Was this course through the post? I'm sure you're on a wind-up. 1968 ffs

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oddball.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
To be honest there is some merit in leaving 2 players up whilst defending set pieces. Leicester used it to their advantage quite a few times last year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can somebody please explain why we do not leave the smallest quickest player in the centre circle.

Answer: he was in the cenre circle, but because he was so small and quick, he buggered off.

This would mean the opponents leaving 2 men back to mark him and if the ball was hoofed out to between those players and the keeper it would give us a valuable outlet to relieve pressure. without the ball being pumped back into our box.

But . . . . he buggered off.

:moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can somebody please explain why we do not leave the smallest quickest player in the centre circle. This would mean the opponents leaving 2 men back to mark him and if the ball was hoofed out to between those players and the keeper it would give us a valuable outlet to relieve pressure. without the ball being pumped back into our box.

Wasted

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Find the instruction manuals for anything electronic you had in 1968, see if those work for you in 2016 as well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I do love it when people with little or no experience of coaching or managing at a decent level come on here and give advice about tactics.

I get some amusement from people assuming that fans whose passion is to live and breath football and in particular their club, have nothing to base a viewpoint on and can know nothing about tactics because they are not "professionals"

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can somebody please explain why we do not leave the smallest quickest player in the centre circle. This would mean the opponents leaving 2 men back to mark him and if the ball was hoofed out to between those players and the keeper it would give us a valuable outlet to relieve pressure. without the ball being pumped back into our box.

I actually agree. Several times this season we have cleared the ball up field and it has come straight back due to no outlet. I would leave Kaz up if he is playing or Baldock, they are not that much use in defending corners but are a good outlet should we clear the ball and as BG says, it means the opposing team keep an extra player back too.

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016

Possibly the best post ever made in the history of NSC.

Absolutely awesome.

BG thank you. Absolutely belting stuff

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here