Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why were Huddersfield playing for a draw?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah, they were. They had a few half chances due to our complete ineptitude at keeping the ball in the first half, however, even though Ryan wasn't having a brilliant game and fumbled a few shots none of their players were in advanced enough positions to take advantage.

Because they're not good enough for this division, not because they didn't try.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Who said they were playing for a drawer?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
The "ghostly quiet stadium". They might have helped themselves if they had brought a few more fans with them. Shocking support for a Premier League team.

Of course we will, but that’s because when you’re five points ABOVE the red line, a draw away to a rival is a good result. To do it when you’re fourteen points BELOW it, is really not at all comparable.

You see that first line I wrote there when I said it was odd, that’s some short term memory loss

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least a fair few Albion fans would have stopped looking longingly at Pilchard and Mooey.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales

Reading that was like a trip back to the 90s , it's actually a bit disheartening to think that some people still think it's in anyway shape or form humorous , i'm not one for reading other teams message boards in the main , and if that's the standard then i'm not likely to be missing out , mind boggling , the Brighton Fan's dignified humbleness certainly helped lighten their mood i thought . :rolleyes:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wait till Cardiff come to town if you were upset by Huddersfield's gamesmanship.

It'll be an ugly, attritional, tedious Warnock special with outrageous timewasting from the first whistle, as per the last time, they played at the Amex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They did EXACTLY the same when we were in the Championship. You may remember, we were 10-12 games into the season and they arrived as the team top of the table. We (well I) envisaged a rattling good game between two of the divisions early pacesetters, but no. They set up to contain, they fell around, took an AGE over every set piece, set out to frustrate, spoil, fake injury and grind out a 0-0. It made for a dog of a game. Except with a few minutes to go, their keeper let a tame Knockaert shot slip under him for 1-0.

Just like today, they got nothing. They DESERVED nothing.

You'd think they'd have learned. Obviously not.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The "ghostly quiet stadium". They might have helped themselves if they had brought a few more fans with them. Shocking support for a Premier League team.

They actually brought some fans? Didnt hear them all game much like when we visited them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wait till Cardiff come to town if you were upset by Huddersfield's gamesmanship.

It'll be an ugly, attritional, tedious Warnock special with outrageous timewasting from the first whistle, as per the last time, they played at the Amex.

We've seen Warnock's anti-football before at the Amex.

It'll be time-wasting from minute 1.

We'll need an early albion goal.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Page after page of gay jokes. Textbook :rolleyes:

Reading that was like a trip back to the 90s , it's actually a bit disheartening to think that some people still think it's in anyway shape or form humorous , i'm not one for reading other teams message boards in the main , and if that's the standard then i'm not likely to be missing out , mind boggling , the Brighton Fan's dignified humbleness certainly helped lighten their mood i thought . :rolleyes:

It just goes to show how far we have come, that these so called fans are still in the dark ages.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They did EXACTLY the same when we were in the Championship. You may remember, we were 10-12 games into the season and they arrived as the team top of the table. We (well I) envisaged a rattling good game between two of the divisions early pacesetters, but no. They set up to contain, they fell around, took an AGE over every set piece, set out to frustrate, spoil, fake injury and grind out a 0-0. It made for a dog of a game. Except with a few minutes to go, their keeper let a tame Knockaert shot slip under him for 1-0.

Just like today, they got nothing. They DESERVED nothing.

You'd think they'd have learned. Obviously not.

Whoever was controlling the video screens that day was and amazing as they replayed the keepers mistake about 5 times with the crowd cheering and mocking every one. After 88min of time wasting by that keeper it was a most enjoyable outcome

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was kind of hoping that, off the back of their win over wolves, they would come down guns blazing and we could pick them off. I well remember the Swansea game last year where they could have got a point but went all out for three, were far too naive and Carvahal was sent on his way from the premier league with a thrashing.

As it was they played a sensible game and made it difficult for us

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Found it hilarious that when Huddersfield had their corner their tallest player, by far, took it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This - we aint seen nuthin yet!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was kind of hoping that, off the back of their win over wolves, they would come down guns blazing and we could pick them off. I well remember the Swansea game last year where they could have got a point but went all out for three, were far too naive and Carvahal was sent on his way from the premier league with a thrashing.

As it was they played a sensible game and made it difficult for us
Good points. In the first few minutes they did play like a team with confidence about getting forward - which surprised and pleased me. Unfortunately their ambition quickly evaporated and the game deteriorated.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think they’re a side that knows their fate and are looking to end the season with damage control to build for next season. They won against Wolves because they did what they did yesterday and nicked a goal. First half you could be forgiven if you’d dropped in and thought is was a championship relegation battle such was the quality on show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here