Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why were Huddersfield playing for a draw?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Maybe the new manager is on a bonus if they get 20 points?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
they wanted the score to be 0-0 with five minutes to go so they could steal a late winner and no time for an equaliser would be my guesstimate

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They were happy with draw until 80 and then try and nick it. Going by our performance in the first half, we were going for the draw as well.

Exactly what i was thinking. Pot calling kettle black, especially as we were at home and actually still fighting for survival, rather than resigned to relegation.

Great win, but blimey we were shocking until Andone came on.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They started with quite a positive approach but we forced them to defend.

Very unusual (unique in the EPL?) for the boots to be on those feet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They were here for a draw otherwise they would not have wasted so much time, their keeper went into one big time when we scored.

They played like players doomed

It could be argued that we play like that a lot away (not quite so craven, or fally overy, perhaps). Soak it up and catch them on the break. That sort of thing.

I think the reason for the NSC bemusement with Huddershite is that a lot of us think we are crap and that any half decent team ought to go for it when playing us. Here is some news.....

Ahem. We are not crap.

I hope that clears everything up.....

I don’t get it.

It was odd but it was just as well they did as we were utterly there for the taking at half time.

In truth they has settled for relegation and are just trying to get some respect and the mantra of win home draw away is that. We will do the same next week if it’s 0-0 at half time

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Why were Hudds playing for a draw? Because they've given up

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was odd but it was just as well they did as we were utterly there for the taking at half time.

In truth they has settled for relegation and are just trying to get some respect and the mantra of win home draw away is that. We will do the same next week if it’s 0-0 at half time

Of course we will, but that’s because when you’re five points ABOVE the red line, a draw away to a rival is a good result. To do it when you’re fourteen points BELOW it, is really not at all comparable.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, they certainly weren't in the first half, in fact we could be accused of that for 45 mins.

Yeah, they were. They had a few half chances due to our complete ineptitude at keeping the ball in the first half, however, even though Ryan wasn't having a brilliant game and fumbled a few shots none of their players were in advanced enough positions to take advantage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here