[Albion] Why this season won't be my last

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was that Barrow game the one where Kit Napier scored directly from a corner, North Stand end?

Yes (I saw him do that and it may well have been that game). I was behind the south stand goal.

I haven't contacted your mate yet - a job for later in the week :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My first game was Barrow, in division 3, 1969. On and off, I went to games. Then the exile years at Gillingham, and I found I was going to all the home games. The Mailing List. NSC. And then...loads of the aways. On and off, with my son with me....and then Falmer. I love the drive through the Kent and Sussex villages reminds me of who and what I am. And then, the Amex, the faces, the match.....the EPL. And the lovely drive home.

Till I'm too decrepit (whence the tellybox will do me) I'll be there. I ****ing love it.

Plucks Gutter

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My first game was Barrow, in division 3, 1969. On and off, I went to games. Then the exile years at Gillingham, and I found I was going to all the home games. The Mailing List. NSC. And then...loads of the aways. On and off, with my son with me....and then Falmer. I love the drive through the Kent and Sussex villages. Reminds me of who and what I am. And then, the Amex, the faces, the match.....the EPL. And the lovely drive home.

Till I'm too decrepit (whence the tellybox will do me) I'll be there. I ****ing love it.

You're a beacon for us all Mike :salute:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Yes (I saw him do that and it may well have been that game). I was behind the south stand goal.

I haven't contacted your mate yet - a job for later in the week :thumbsup:

He took the corner from the chicken run end and it sailed over the goalies head into the top far corner of the net. Hope you get some sound advice, he is a good guy.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
My first game was Barrow, in division 3, 1969. On and off, I went to games. Then the exile years at Gillingham, and I found I was going to all the home games. The Mailing List. NSC. And then...loads of the aways. On and off, with my son with me....and then Falmer. I love the drive through the Kent and Sussex villages. Reminds me of who and what I am. And then, the Amex, the faces, the match.....the EPL. And the lovely drive home.

My story is almost identical to yours. Started going to matches in 1968 and I live in Canterbury! Can’t imagine not doing it. My son is 37 and has been going with me since he was 4.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're a beacon for us all Mike :salute:

A smouldering ruin more like.

This was a bit of an Ernest-style rebuke thread, in case you didn't notice. Not as personal or vindictive as an Ernest thread, mind. More directed at the sentiment rather than the poster, who is someone for whom I have pleny of time.

It had to be done though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My story is almost identical to yours. Started going to matches in 1968 and I live in Canterbury! Can’t imagine not doing it. My son is 37 and has been going with me since he was 4.

69, Faversham, 36 and 4.

Spooky! :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I would have gone, but I was in the baby unit of Frimley Hospital having just joined humankind. Looks like a 4-1 win.

So you've been going as long as I've been here. Respect.

Were you living locally then ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would have gone, but I was in the baby unit of Frimley Hospital having just joined humankind. Looks like a 4-1 win.

So you've been going as long as I've been here. Respect.

Were you living locally then ?

Yep. Portslade. From age 11 (and with our brothers age 7 and 8) me and Andy Fryer (no longer of this parish, now a yankee doodle dandy) walked from Foredown Drive to the Goldstone and back. Bracing. :thumbsup:

Deffo a 4-1 win.

There are far older posters on NSC than me. Some still attend. I wonder who the oldest regular (or even occasional, but continuing) poster might be? Step forward [MENTION=37204]the_old_man[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep. Portslade. From age 11 (and with our brothers age 7 and 8) me and Andy Fryer (no longer of this parish, now a yankee doodle dandy) walked from Foredown Drive to the Goldstone and back. Bracing. :thumbsup:

Deffo a 4-1 win.

There are far older posters on NSC than me. Some still attend. I wonder who the oldest regular (or even occasional, but continuing) poster might be? Step forward [MENTION=37204]the_old_man[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]?

I’m fairly sure there are a couple on here who started watching in the fifties. Mine was 1961.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Deffo a 4-1 win.

Follower since the age of eight - my local club then, town where I was born (in the workhouse, due to a deadly outbreak of diptheria(sp) in the maternity wards - could wind my mum up about that to her dying day), visited relatives in or around Brighton but none still with us now, but never a regular attender - host of reasons at different times. For reasons of uncertain health on a day to day basis and a long journey, I don't do booking in advance - now I only ever see the Albion at away matches relatively near to me where I can turn up on the day, ask nicely to be let in and sit on my hands among the home crowd.

If Uncle Tony ever gets to build his hotel by the ground, I might splash out and treat myself to a weekend away.....oh, and HWT, enough of this far older malarkey. I'd hate to have to put you on ignore....................... :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports