Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the hate for Nathan Jones?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When he was playing for Yeovil he got one of our players sent off! And gave the brighton fans some mouth as well.

This and then you can throw in, 'apparently recommending' Obika to Oscar.

He was also a bit of a pillock, when he ran the Charlton development squad and they played against us at Lancing. Surrounding the referee at half-time in an aggressive manner, everything I hate about modern day football.

He certainly isn't a Tanno that is for sure.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just look at him. Weasly face, horrible Welsh accent.

But truthfully he did well with Charlton Youth, loves Brighton (the City, not sure about the club), and is reasonably well regarded as a coach by his peers. I wondered if he had been brought in to work with Oscar with a view to taking over the reins in a couple of years time, too soon yet I feel, but I won't be surprised if he gets a trial run at some point.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
This and then you can throw in, 'apparently recommending' Obika to Oscar.

He was also a bit of a pillock, when he ran the Charlton development squad and they played against us at Lancing. Surrounding the referee at half-time in an aggressive manner, everything I hate about modern day football.

He certainly isn't a Tanno that is for sure.

Did not know about the Charlton incident.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Regardless of whether he is a good coach he is clearly not ready to manage at a club with serious ambitions of reaching the Prem. Anyway, he is a tw@t! And there is no way Tony will make himself look like a goon by appointing him.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Just look at him. Weasly face, horrible Welsh accent.

But truthfully he did well with Charlton Youth, loves Brighton (the City, not sure about the club), and is reasonably well regarded as a coach by his peers. I wondered if he had been brought in to work with Oscar with a view to taking over the reins in a couple of years time, too soon yet I feel, but I won't be surprised if he gets a trial run at some point.

I would prefer Calderon to be kept on to work with the new coach/manager with a view to taking over or getting a trial run in the future. He shows passion, but has class as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No hate from me, I just haven't taken to him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did not know about the Charlton incident.

Yes the ref awarded us a penalty which actually was a clear penalty (even from a non-biased perspective). I think Richards may have gone over top of the ball as well later in the half, and he just went after the ref........ Sort of Man U tactic when Keane was there.......

I just find him irritating, even though he's now on our side.......

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

With a short term view he adds stability by not being directly connected to the manager. It means when they go we keep some continuity. Long term if it goes well from him he may step up to a manager role or at least he will manage somewhere else using us to help his career experience and CV.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nothing wrong with the bloke. Bit of hand bags few years back does not mean he is not a good coach and aiming to improve.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think that if a few of the players got 'stuck in' as he has tended to do in the past we might just have a fared a little better at times. Good honest guys in football rarely bring home the bacon.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
you haveing a laugh

Not at all. Think we could do a lot worse. He was part of a successful management team last year, has experience of youth set ups, knows the English leagues, knows the club and players. Wants to prove himself and wouldn't use us as a stepping stone for the prem. would also be cheaper than some of the other managers linked, is aware of the 'spending power' we have. Would accept the job if offered.

Saying that he is welsh, so it's a no from me!

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
The problem is that he would do well as a coach for a Division 2 side (or maybe in the conference) but for an ambitious club like Albion - nah. Not only does he not look the part, he doesn't come over very well on TV and if he really was any good as a coach OG would still be here and we'd be talking about Premiership games. For me he just doesn't cut it, now or in the future. Now Tanno, for example...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I await the flaming for this but...

In the thread about the coaches Juan and Ruben leaving, many people are saying that oscar should take Nathan Jones too...

Why do so many people on here have a problem with him, he seems like a pretty good coach to me.

You mean apart from him having done absolutely nothing to have earned the role other than having some generic coaching badges, being a below-average former player and a bit of a snide? Oh, hang on, wait, scrub that, he's got GCSE Spanish you say? Hire! Hire!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here