Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why so long for the club statement?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It hurts short term, but I think this is correct.

Brighton should now be seen as an absolutely superb place for top talents (both players and staff) to prove themselves prior to a move to the "big time".

But that only works if you have the on and off field pieces in place. A dud appointment as manager and we become relegation strugglers. We had one of the best Director of Footballs in the world - which we lost and replaced with what was our ‘loans manager’

We had one of the best goalkeeper coaches in Europe if not the world. Replaced with ???

The recruitment assistant Potter took identified Cucurella & Caicedo. Will we find a replacement from the same level ?

We run a real risk that we go backwards quicker than we moved forwards

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Wow, there's some serious bedwetting happening here. This is the reality of football, there's a clear heirarchy and pecking order. We assembled one hell of a coaching staff and that staff has moved on, with significant compensation for having done so. I'm gutted Bruno has left, and disappointed Ben Roberts has left but that's football. It's too good an opportunity to turn down and I don't begrudge anyone making a move to better their life and their careers.

It's now a blank canvas for a new manager to come in and to make the appointments they want to make and to set things up how they want to. We are an incredible attractive proposition for managers and that is partly because they know that success here means that they can move on. Same with players, if they perform well then they can make the next move in their careers. Saying it shows we're "soft" is wrong in my opinion, it shows we are a progressive club where success is celebrated. Congratulations to Potter and his squad but they're now the past and we have a lot too look forward to in our future because we have an incredible infrastructure at the club and everything is in place for us to be successful longer term. It's not about a manager, it's about building a club.

Yoda

English & European
Wow, there's some serious bedwetting happening here. This is the reality of football, there's a clear heirarchy and pecking order. We assembled one hell of a coaching staff and that staff has moved on, with significant compensation for having done so. I'm gutted Bruno has left, and disappointed Ben Roberts has left but that's football. It's too good an opportunity to turn down and I don't begrudge anyone making a move to better their life and their careers.
Well, why don't two or three clubs start off by having the balls to say "No" to them instead of just rolling over and having their tummy tickled? That's all it will take to bloody their noses and think twice about the way they act.

It's now a blank canvas for a new manager to come in and to make the appointments they want to make and to set things up how they want to. We are an incredible attractive proposition for managers and that is partly because they know that success here means that they can move on. Same with players, if they perform well then they can make the next move in their careers. Saying it shows we're "soft" is wrong in my opinion, it shows we are a progressive club where success is celebrated. Congratulations to Potter and his squad but they're now the past and we have a lot too look forward to in our future because we have an incredible infrastructure at the club and everything is in place for us to be successful longer term. It's not about a manager, it's about building a club.

On the flip side, the biggest worry there is that is such a blank canvas, who ever comes in could upset the apple cart in the squad which could have a detrimental effect on the pitch. At least in the past when we lost Micky Adams first time, Peter Taylor left, and we appointed then lost Steve Coppell, we kept some of the first team & backroom staff to ease the transition.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Theres a blank canvas and there's a pile of wood and cotton in a binbag in the corner of the room that will need rebuilding.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yep..........worth remembering Hughton had to do this when we near bottom of the championship not that long ago. New guy possibly gets to do it with us in a Champions League place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here